Difference between wax/polish?

Guest youngbuisnessman

Guest youngbuisnessman

People keep asking me to wax their cars. What I use is not a wax at all. It's Ultra Coat tm finish Polish by P&S that works well as protection. I'm not clear on what wax really is...The only product that ive seen to have wax in it is turtle wax. Is wax a term used for past or liquid applied and removed to serve as a protection for the car or is it an actual substance? Someone plsease bring me into the clear. :gasp

Guest LaNdShaRk130
People keep asking me to wax their cars. What I use is not a wax at all. It's Ultra Coat tm finish Polish by P&S that works well as protection. I'm not clear on what wax really is...The only  product that ive seen to have wax in it is turtle wax. Is wax a term used for past or liquid  applied and removed to serve as a  protection for the car or is it an actual substance? Someone plsease bring me into the clear.  :spit

[*]313936

A Polish cleans the paint deep and the wax put a protection on it.

I know this b/c I make them! :lol

People keep asking me to wax their cars. What I use is not a wax at all. It's Ultra Coat tm finish Polish by P&S that works well as protection. I'm not clear on what wax really is...The only? product that ive seen to have wax in it is turtle wax. Is wax a term used for past or liquid? applied and removed to serve as a? protection for the car or is it an actual substance? Someone plsease bring me into the clear.? :bingo

[*]313936

A Polish cleans the paint deep and the wax put a protection on it.

I know this b/c I make them! :bingo

[*]314242

in the other topic you started you stated you were just a customer that found this great wax and you werent trying to sell anything :nope the truth comes out

Guest youngbuisnessman

I appreciate your comments. so Wax is mainly protection.... I don't feel so guilty now telling people that my service is a wax when techniqally it's a polish. Only because on the back of the Ultra coat tm polish it states gloss, depth and [Protection].

It could be a type of cleaner/wax. There are quite a few one-step products out there but they sacrifice a little of everything to become a one-step. Usually, they are chemical cleaners and only offer minimal protection. A polish can not offer good protection because it is removing most of the protection it is laying down. Also, something with good protection can't remove surface imperfections, stubborn hard water marks or oxidation because they are generally chemical cleaners. I don't use one-step products for those reasons.

Guest youngbuisnessman
It could be a type of cleaner/wax.  There are quite a few one-step products out there but they sacrifice a little of everything to become a one-step.  Usually, they are chemical cleaners and only offer minimal protection.  A polish can not offer good protection because it is removing most of the protection it is laying down.  Also, something with good protection can't remove surface imperfections, stubborn hard water marks or oxidation because they are generally chemical cleaners.  I don't use one-step products for those reasons.

[*]316003

Now there is some good advice. :shock

Archived