@3%8!^& Back Glass!

O.K.,, '98 Taurus, back glass, My roll is 20" wide so I was going for a two piecer. Well I started with the bottom piece first,,,and thats as far as I got on the back glass. That S.O.B. would not lay down for @#$% :lol6 . I was wet shrinking ,, still learning how to master this method. I have to get back on it in the morning, there goes my weekend :heh ! Need some advice from one of you PRO'S out there :dunno and Thank You!

Wish I could help Biker

I only do 1 piece BGs :lol6

have you tried shrinking mdog's soap method?

even baby powder would be easier than wet :heh

Thats a bad car to learn to wet shrink on.

Damn darkside, bad weekend? :dunno

Those Taurus models with the round back glass's are a BIOTCH to do.

Especially when you are first starting out, they have a compound curve that is hard to get the hang of.

The rear door glasses aren't too friendly either.

Take Zolars advice and try dry shrinking with MD's soap method.

Also, get yourself a 40" roll to do your back glass's with. With 20" you'll find that on some of the newer cars and trucks, 20" is too small.

No I have'nt tried M Dogs soap method, I guess I have'nt heard how to do that yet,,,, on the doors, I took off every bit of trim and gaskets the door had to offer, was'nt too bad. Where can I find M Dogs method on this. I dont want to do this, but I'll probably end up with 3-4 pieces on the back glass, Thanks Again!

Guest DARKSIDE WINDOW TINTING

biker, seriously are you doing this job for a customer or yourself?this car is one of the harder ones to do matrix ,felt,brakelight,frit,FORD I would like to help but you need to pay me to do it wich means I need to be there.

No I have'nt tried M Dogs soap method, I guess I have'nt heard how to do that yet,,,, on the doors, I took off every bit of trim and gaskets the door had to offer, was'nt too bad. Where can I find M Dogs method on this. I dont want to do this, but I'll probably end up with 3-4 pieces on the back glass, Thanks Again!

[*]318199

You can find it using the search feature.

I would try to summarize but I feel confident you can get a better grasp on it the way it is explained by others.

Good Luck to ya!

Archived