Save money on paper towel

Guest Solscreen

Guest Solscreen

Think you out of touch TB, I got a nice wc business doing well, and I think you will find now days Wcers go for unger stuff.

I been cleaning glass for 16 years, and reckon Unger is better, I use there rubbers, unger belts, scrims, buckets the lot, all the time and they last better than others our there.

Sol

Guest Diamond Tints
Think you out of touch TB, I got a nice wc business doing well, and I think you will find now days Wcers go for unger stuff.

I been cleaning glass for 16 years, and reckon Unger is better, I use there rubbers, unger belts, scrims, buckets the lot, all the time and they last better than others our there.

Sol

[*]327345

Fair enough but unger blatantly ripped off ettorre stuff, unger rubbers keeps sticking half way though blading a window so for that reason I dont like there stuff but everyone to there own

We used to clean all the top hotels in Scotland, gleaneagles, old course hotel St Andrews, Hilton, mariot the big jobs that required the best wcers and not chancers,and we looked at anyone using anything else as amateurs but that was years ago maybe times have changed from then, but even to this day I cringe when you see some people trying to clean a window

I was going to post a TOTW on this same issue. I use product by Zep called Ultra-Wipes. The reason I was going to post a tip, was I ran out of these last week for two days. In that two days, I went through over an entire roll of paper towels (and I buy the most expensive ones available).

These ultra-wipes come in a box, and one box lasts me almost 1/2 year! I use on average of three towels for an entire four-door job... and that includes hard-carding, washing inside and outside glass, and wiping down all wet surfaces. Then, I hang them to dry, and use them again on the next few cars. I initially use them for hard-carding, let them dry and use them again for washing, let them dry again and use them for drying up after a job.

I was totally wasting more time grabbing new pieces of paper-towels, and going through many peices on one job. I didn't realize how nice these towels were, until I was without them for a couple of days.

These Ultra-wipes are washable, but I don't wash them. After they are used for hard-carding and dried a couple of times, they loose their rigidity a bit, and they are graduated to washing windows or wiping up panels. I have never had one tear on me while hard-carding a back window. They're excellent.

I was going to post a TOTW on this same issue.  I use product by Zep called Ultra-Wipes.  The reason I was going to post a tip, was I ran out of these last week for two days.  In that two days, I went through over an entire roll of paper towels (and I buy the most expensive ones available).

These ultra-wipes come in a box, and one box lasts me almost 1/2 year!  I use on average of three towels for an entire four-door job... and that includes hard-carding, washing inside and outside glass, and wiping down all wet surfaces.  Then, I hang them to dry, and use them again on the next few cars.  I initially use them for hard-carding, let them dry and use them again for washing, let them dry again and use them for drying up after a job.

I was totally wasting more time grabbing new pieces of paper-towels, and going through many peices on one job.  I didn't realize how nice these towels were, until I was without them for a couple of days.

These Ultra-wipes are washable, but I don't wash them.  After they are used for hard-carding and dried a couple of times, they loose their rigidity a bit, and they are graduated to washing windows or wiping up panels.  I have never had one tear on me while hard-carding a back window.  They're excellent.

[*]327411

Where can you get these?

We have a Zep salesman that stops in here about once per month. He mainly stops to sell products to my hubby who repairs cars, but when he asked my to try these towels, I loved them instantly. You should be able to find your local distributor on their web-site.

Oh, and I forgot to add this in my previous reply... after the towels are too dirty to use for cleaning glass or wiping door panels, they are graduated to glue applying towels. That is their last use before the trash can. Wrapped around the hard-card for applying glue to dots... I keep indexing the cloth around the hard-card for every swipe upward, as to not get glue on the film. I only use one towel for glue application per vehicle, and then it is tossed.

Archived