Save money on paper towel

Guest Solscreen

Guest Solscreen

Don't know how many of you guys use paper towel when fitting film, but I use scrim,(Irish linen) :lol2 for drying and wiping down, I have been using it for 6 years and it works fine, for the chaps over the pond (USA) ask your window cleaner where he gets his huck towel,Blue cloth they use in hopitals, I use to spend a lot of money on paper towel when working in the UK, but with scrim you wash and go :lol2 . they work better when they have been used a few times, pretty lint free I tell you,, and you can mop up loads of water on the flour at the end on the job. :lol6

Sol

Guest Solscreen

They are maybe a bit smaller than what I use, thats why I mentioned flat glass as the scrims are about 3 feet square.

But yep thats better than throwing paper in the bin.

Just don't use any fabric softener in the dryer to dry them... over time they will become less and less able to absorb as well as they would when not using dryer sheets (e.g. bounce).

Guest tintgod
Just don't use any fabric softener in the dryer to dry them... over time they will become less and less able to absorb as well as they would when not using dryer sheets (e.g. bounce).

[*]326967

yess..you are correct MR. METINT :lol6

Guest Solscreen

The micro fibres are good also but for some reason a bit expensive. or I would buy some as well, I got about 28 scrims which keep me going, my Mrs does a great job in keeping them clean for me.

Bless her, she is one of my best labourers I have ever had, great for domestic jobs, she leaves the area spotless when we pack up. :uh

Guest Diamond Tints

I used to be a window cleaner years ago and use a scrim or a "ching" as all window cleaners call them they are great without a doubt I would also say use an brass ettore squegee as well as these are defo the best in the world without a doubt for cleaning glass tried other crap :uh

Guest Solscreen

No Tintboy Unger Ergo tech is the best squeege, scientificly desighned and all that :uh , its just sits in the hand with balance and total precision :uh oh I forgot its got a Green handle :uh:lol2

Guest Diamond Tints
No Tintboy Unger Ergo tech is the best squeege,  scientificly desighned and all that :uh , its just sits in the hand with balance and total precision :lol2  oh I forgot its got a Green handle  :uh  :uh

[*]327065

Unger stuff is ok but not the best, the rubber they use always sticks when cleaning, any window cleaner will tell you ettore all the way as tried all of them ettore with ettore rubber as well more expensive but worth it :lol2

Archived