continue - Dodgy/bad service?

Guest ViT

Hi dudes,

Just letting you know about my progress with dodgy tint and I need your advice again.

Visited tinter guy, he said that most my complains are bulls..t, except front window with 2-3 mm gap. Result: he agreed to refund, change the rubber for ?s and he wants to remove tint, rather retint.

Now I?m waiting him to get rubber from Mazda dealer and in meantime visited another two local tinters and they both agreed with most complains and that work has to be redone.

I?ve got one concern - the back window.

Is it going to be tooo messy :wall to remove tint from the back window? If it is, I?d rather leave it and let him to remove only doors, because I don?t want water, chemicals and dirt inside my car, in the boot, god knows where else. It?s only 2.5 week old car.

So my choices are

1. Try to convince him to redo the door windows and leave back untouched, even it has some minor issues.

2. He removes tint only from door windows and leave back window. So I need to tint only door windows, ideal to find tinter with the same film.

3. He cleans all windows and I retint with another tinter.

So what would you do in this situation?

Thank again and sorry for long posts

Guest glassguy

as with all warranty work redo it all if that bad. tint is not meant to be inspected from 6 inches away either though! so if he agreed to refund the ching then get your coin and have another quality shop redo.

Guest clear image

As for water inside your car, a water solution was used to install it in the first place. Removing and reinstalling film always has its problems as well. New install may be worse then original, if glue etc isn't all removed. If its not very old, it should come off rather easily. Have another shop inspect it, if they feel they can do it better, let them prove it.

Guest tint rookie

I saw the pix..... it was a horrid job.

let him have his film back. if hes not going to steam the backglass to remove it.....tell him you'll have it done else where and you'll bring him his film at a later date.

he can remove all the sides, hard to f them up.

warn the next tinter, as im sure your still gonna have some adhesive on there.

Guest glassguy

gotta love the ones that go back & forth seeing who they can tick off the fastest.

had a guy come in b!chn bout the competitors job told him to take it to him and make it right. and he should have done his homework before getting it done with them.

damn hacks are only charging 99 bones rear 3 of 4 doors too

Archived