tiny bubbles on corner of glass

I purchased a cool needle that was designed into a retractable pen casing from perf. tools. This is easy to keep in the pocket protector and use while the customer waits. I only use the thing about three times/year, but it was cheap ($1.99 I think), and I can use it with the customer watching in the parking lot. Just poke, push air out with finger, and wipe off fingerprint... done.

Well, this morning the first thing I did was to poke a tiny hole into the air pocket and push the air out. It seems to work fine, but it left an imprint of the air pocket where the air had been (from drying out). She came and picked up the car around noon and I told her that was the best I can do w/o replacing the film. I told her she has a warranty to replace it, but she decline. I also pointed out to her that she should have brought the car back to me so I can inspect it after 4 days of installing the film. She said that it was not a big deal to her.....

So, to make her happy...I gave her a 10% discount on her next tint job. She smile and said she be back....hehe.. oh boy. I'll tap it.....j/k

Yeah, I have had the same thing. It will leave a small line around the perimeter of a bubble or finger, but I have not had a customer yet complain. I wonder what would happen if we used an injection needle to pop the hole and inject some slip solution before smoothing out. That may take care of that mark it leaves.

Yeah, I have had the same thing.  It will leave a small line around the perimeter of a bubble or finger, but I have not had a customer yet complain.  I wonder what would happen if we used an injection needle to pop the hole and inject some slip solution before smoothing out.  That may take care of that mark it leaves.

[*]335695

EO...that is a good idea...I might try that next time....hopefully, I don't have to, but if it happens again I will..

Archived