Residue from a double tint..

Guest EcL1pZ

Yeah life would be easier... I tried cleaning and its basically when the car lights are far away its ok, but when up close and all you see is the light indirectly, the whole back window glows white. I was thinking it was just smuges or streaks from the foam cleaner.. I was going to try glass plus but I am starting to think its what metint said... I dunno as of now, I guess my best bet if having them redo it ? The guy said it would take hours to remove from back window, get off all stickyness, work around defroster lines and then reapply :/

luckilly it hasnt been on there too long.

invest or rent a steamer, will help out big time in the removal

[*]335905

Hmm.. well I was just going to take it back to the guy to just get it done right. Hes charging like $100 and something for removing the back tint, and reapplying it. I think he said $150 which I thought was crazy considering that it cost $150 to tint like a large car. However I'll get him to redo my left front window at the same time which had a bubble heh.. But I don't know if I am wrong in saying thats a high price... but from what I hear working around the defroster lines takes time.. but I am hoping its easy removal considering it hasn't even been on a month, less, like 2.5 weeks.

yeah people tend to charge higher for the undesirable jobs, removal sure falls into that category

[*]335913

Looks like I'm doing it then.. I don't mind paying the $ to do it right, its just the time it takes is what sucks. One last thing, I have those dots at the top of my glass, and the tint goes over it, but you see it not touching it properly, and a lot of like whiteish area.. which I saw on the forums, you just simply give a like push over the area and that white area disappears.. it did for a lilttle, but majority still there. Would you say its a flaw in the tint application, or are my expectations too high?

Archived