Audi A4 1998 rear screen

Guest Unit 8

Can anyone help with advice on the rear screen of the Audi A4.

Its a 1998 car and I am having trouble accessing the bottom edge of the screen to get the water out. I have used a big foot but cant get enough pressure to push the water out.

Also, need help on the removal of the 3rd brake light.

Am pretty desperate on this one

Guest naughtydog

I use a combination of tools for this one, push down on the shelf and you can get a concourer down there. I also use a little foot with a towel around it (stiffer than the big foot) or a bulldozer.

You can never have enough tools for back glasses in my opinion

Naughty

Guest ninjatinter

If its different than how I described it, I haven't a clue without seeing it. Every a4 I have ever tinted, had the same deck lid as I have described. Perhaps UK models differ :dunno sorry dude. :lol6

If its different than how I described it, I haven't a clue without seeing it.  Every a4 I have ever tinted, had the same deck lid as I have described. Perhaps UK models differ :lol2  sorry dude. :spit

[*]336500

Hi Mate,

Not doubting you in any way bud, just need as many ideas as possible.

Cheers,

Stevie

I use a combination of tools for this one, push down on the shelf and you can get a concourer down there. I also use a little foot with a towel around it (stiffer than the big foot) or a bulldozer.

You can never have enough tools for back glasses in my opinion

Naughty

[*]336492

I also found I was getting water hanging onto the deforster lines as well. Do you reckon wire wool would help remove the crap on them thats keeping hold of the water?

I'll be honest, I struggle getting my hands down that far into the bottom of the screen.

Do you also remove the 3rd brake light? If so, how do you do it?

Cheers bud :spit

Stevie

Guest naughtydog

I have never removed the rear shelf on an A4, I have on a passat, they pull easily, drop the seats down and pull to the front.

On the A4, you would have to remove the seat base(pulls up) and then release the backrest. Unless the brake light is touching the glass you can normally get around the problem.

Your shrinking method and experience may not be helping you with regard to the heater lines. The Audi's dont normally give problems - try a Lexus for that.

What method of shrink do you use??

Naughty

I have never removed the rear shelf on an A4, I have on a passat, they pull easily, drop the seats down and pull to the front.

On the A4, you would have to remove the seat base(pulls up) and then release the backrest. Unless the brake light is touching the glass you can normally get around the problem.

Your shrinking method and experience may not be helping you with regard to the heater lines. The Audi's dont normally give problems - try a Lexus for that.

What method of shrink do you use??

Naughty

[*]336568

Hi,

I have sorted the issue with the rear light but I am shrinking using the talc and heat gun method.

Never had this issue before

Regards,

Stevie

Archived