Inline Filters

Guest willie

Guest Al-tint
thanks for all the posts so far ---very helpful

AI - where do you get those TD's they

kinda look like the filters in the nozzle

[*]342626

The mesh is fiberglass ( I think ) and is finer than the filter in the nozzle. I like the glass to see if there is and crap in it. Print the picture and take it to your auto supply store, they should be able to find it.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

has anyone gone from not using a filter to using one and noticed any difference? an inline filter is something I've thought about but havent found a need for it, I've been tinting myself for 8 years and my partner has been doing it for 23 years and has never used a filter. anything in the tint I usually blame on window prep...not something in the water, I use "out of the hose" water too. good info on the types to use, I really like the aluminium one because of the nonrust factor.

Guest Sprinter
I have gone away with the "normal" inline filter AS THEY RUST AND THE PAPER BREAKS DOWN and have had success with these. $11.00.

gallery_11887_49_4204.jpg

gallery_11887_49_29286.jpg

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/uploads/1133...887_49_8018.jpg

[*]342591

I use this type and I also go farther with it and take it apart and wrap the filter element with a micro fiber towel and use rubber bands on the ends to keep it there. and I change out the micro fiber towel every 3 to 4 weeks.

Guest Sprinter
has anyone gone from not using a filter to using one and noticed any difference? an inline filter is something I've thought about but havent found a need for it, I've been tinting myself for 8 years and my partner has been doing it for 23 years and has never used a filter. anything in the tint I usually blame on window prep...not something in the water, I use "out of the hose" water too. good info on the types to use, I really like the aluminium one because of the nonrust factor.

[*]342662

yes!

for what ever reason and it could be in your mind with filter 2 maybe 3 specks of dust dirt, with out filter a whole lot more.

when I first started tinting I just thought the specks in the film were just part of tinting, till I put a filter on the hose and then started to see almost perfect jobs.

Guest tint rookie

I always worried bout the microfiber towel coming appart and somehow blowing by and landing on the glass.

have you ever had that problem?

thats how I stumbled accross the aquaium filter material.

Guest Sprinter
I always worried bout the microfiber towel coming appart and somehow blowing by and landing on the glass.

have you ever had that problem?

thats how I stumbled accross the aquaium filter material.

[*]342885

thats a good qestion I used to use the blue shop towels for the same thing but they changed the way the towel is made they make it real dusty to use in this fashion, so I thought what eles could I use and since I had these towels I tryed it and it worked. I'm going to say it depends on two things how long you leave the towel in there they do over time if you look at the white filter in the houseing take it apart and look on the inside, it will have yellowness on the inside but more like spider threading than anything eles not specks of towel and theres no way to leave the towel on there over a month because the soap over a long time start to plug the towel and you loose water pressure.

2 I don't know if its the towel down the road or if I'm just working on a bad dirty car that no matter what I do seems to get some specks in the tint, at this point I change the towel out.

all I can say is to give it a try and if it is different for you only takes a few minutes to change out, and after a while you will have to replace the inside white element with the replaceable ones cause the pressure makes them constrict like an hour glass.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
Water can be harmful to cellulose media.

Oil actually strengthens it.

Using google I found this in 0.003 seconds:

http://www.survivalschool.com/products/Wat...ater_filter.htm

I'm sure if you spent more time you could find something better.

25 microns is pretty decent and then 2 microns after that.  Not sure if that will have an effect on our slip solution though.  No clue if carbon removes soap.

But keep looking.

FYI, the smallest particle the nek!d eye can see is about 40 microns.

[*]342622

I told you guys dan got all the brains.technical beoch.lotsa luv bubba

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

[*]342662

I totally agee. :spit

Guest darkdan

Where's metint to say that if we fill it with filtered water (like I do) and use film-on instead of baby shampoo (I love my J&J) then we wouldn't need a filter?

No baby slime + filtered water = clean solution

Archived