Sunset install Manual / Software

Guest ShadyKat

Guest ShadyKat

I was looking at the Sunset Auto Install Manual / software and wondering how helpful it might be and if anyone has seen one up close and personal. I realize that you old hands here might think it is pretty useless for yourselves but to the newbies could it be a wealth of information? :bling

Shadykat

Guest ShadyKat
I have one, its nice to use for customers, thats about it.

[*]358007

Thanks for Answering Tigerstripe, I was beginning to wonder if I had used my deodorant today. But when you say it is good for customers only do mean because of the this is how your car will look aspect? I was looking at from the side of OK this door panel requires xyz and this vehical uses x number of feet of film. Remember, I am new to this, after 2 or 3 years who knows maybe I won't think twice about pulling a panal or rear deck. But then again I freely admit to being a little Paranoid about pulling perfectly cars apart.

Shadykat :DD

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I used to work at a shop that had an old one, but the only thing I used it for is to look up cars I don't know what they look like right off hand. But I have no idea how good the updated stuff is, the software could be real interesting.

If you decide to buy it let us know how it is.

Guest ShadyKat
I used to work at a shop that had an old one, but the only thing I used it for is to look up cars I don't know what they look like right off hand.  But I have no idea how good the updated stuff is, the software could be real interesting.

If you decide to buy it let us know how it is.

[*]358040

I was talking to them tonight and my concern is the New Year models have been out almost a year before you get the latest update. But with only a $39.00 yearly upgrade that is not to bad I.e. after the initial purchase of $199.00. It lists the info on door panels but not rear decks, squire foot used, has a tint simulator, looks like it could be helpful. But what I would like to see is a database that you could subscribe to that list the aspects of each vehical. That was going to be my sugjestion to TD. There is enough of a knowledge base here to create just that, and I would be more than willing to subscribe for that trpe of information. Think about it, most everyone here is dedicated to supplying a quality job and improving the livelihoods of there fellow tinters, it would not take long for this type of expert system to be truly useful. Sorry got off on a tangent, I am working on putting my own system together to do just that, if I ever get it working I will post it on my soon to be website so anyone can use or add to. ie one of my many projects :DD

Shadykat

I have one, its nice to use for customers, thats about it.

[*]358007

Thanks for Answering Tigerstripe, I was beginning to wonder if I had used my deodorant today. But when you say it is good for customers only do mean because of the this is how your car will look aspect? I was looking at from the side of OK this door panel requires xyz and this vehical uses x number of feet of film. Remember, I am new to this, after 2 or 3 years who knows maybe I won't think twice about pulling a panal or rear deck. But then again I freely admit to being a little Paranoid about pulling perfectly cars apart.

Shadykat :wall

[*]358038

the program has a section where you can set you prices, and thats what I use for customers,

show them a sugested pricing for different types of film I carry, then let them make the decision.

I have used it for panels and decks when I first started, but now usually I can look at a car and understand how to pull it apart, or if it needs to come apart.

overall Im glad to have it but I wish they would put a little more effort into upgrading it, also I wish they had a billing program build in to it. not just estimates

Archived