tint cutting software???

Guest Stratusrtrida

I dont know if its just me but when I was learning, cutting patterns was no problem, except on those old school sliders on pickups and a few others, most of my headache loading the film and getting clean installs! Thats where my time went slipping away! :DD:spit

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stratusrtrida
wow, thats not bad, $1500 for the year? I think Im going to wait though, after thinking about this over night a little more, I think if I can do it by hand its just going to make me a better tinter in general. It might just be worth it to practice like this for awhile and really get it down. Maybe in the future this will be something I can look into.  Thanks again for all the help. Nick

[*]361244

wow all of a sudden a change of heart, immediately finding out how much the software is :lol

[*]361296

Not really. I knew exactly how much the software was. There are some places that sell it as high as $2500 and $150 a month. I was looking to save some time. But, I don't know...

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I'd have to see for myself just how good the machine could cut the patterns, I can't see how it would be able to adjust to the different variable some of the roll ups can have.

To get the facts about a plotter system you should ask someone who uses one-the patterns are not all the same and neither are the systems.I wouldnt trade my setup for the best tinter out there! It doesnt talk shiot-its never late for work-it doesnt do Dr*gs-it doesnt ask for an advance on next weeks check-it doesnt steal from me-it doesnt do side work-it will never compete with me-it only does what I tell it to do!!Unlike all the helpers I have employed thru the years.And dont give me that hand cut crap-I cut out cars by hand everyday for 16 years-and occasionally still do. :jerkit

To get the facts about a plotter system you should ask someone who uses one-the patterns are not all the same and neither are the systems.I wouldnt trade my setup for the best  tinter out there! It doesnt talk shiot-its never late for work-it doesnt do Dr*gs-it doesnt ask for an advance on next weeks check-it doesnt steal from me-it doesnt do side work-it will never compete with me-it only does what I tell it to do!!Unlike all the  helpers I have employed thru the years.And dont give me that hand cut crap-I cut out cars by hand everyday for 16 years-and occasionally still do. :lol

[*]361559

:nope

I am agree td I have a cutter and use it alot, and some patterns are off, but most are within acceptable limits :lol6 and I have not had any one yet come back because of the cuts or light gaps.

but I will say that if you rely only on the computer, you wont last, some cars arnt in there and if you dont know how to cut, your screwed.

as long as you can do it with out the computer, then I say use the computer.

Im not sure what everyone else uses, but I have been using tint tek and think the patterns are some of the best.

I have used 2 other brands that had better features to the program but the patterns were not as good.

the other BIG facter is proper setup, down force, blade extension, :nope

go for it :lol6

Guest Beeline
what do you guys recomend for tint cutting software? everywhere I go they want $2500 for the program and about $150 a month to use it. Then, I found a place locally that sells it for $500 for the program and $7 per downloaded templet and they cap you off at $150, so you will never spend more than $150 a month using it. This obviously sounds like a great deal to me because I am new and probably wouldn't be doing that much business to begin with. Especially since Im still  slow and would take me the better half of the day to do one car depending on the difficulty (well I don't know if it would if I had the tint pre-cut already.) But, my delima is, this sounds like too much of a good deal for me compaired to everything else. Do you guys think its a wise investment? Also, say I do download a templet, then a week or so later I get the exact same car to tint, do I have to pay for that templet for a second time or would that get saved in my system? I am only doing this from my home, but I got laid off and would like to work on getting more business because I have so much free time on my hands. I can cut it myself but it's time consuming and you waste more tint that way. Thanks in advance...Nick

[*]361104

Do it old school....learn like all of us in here. :lol6

Guest Stratusrtrida

well im def never against learning something new. I was just looking at it from a convience point of view. It is really expensive though. I think my biggest problem with tinting is doing the heat shrinking process on rear windows. Im sure thats everyones biggest problem though. Im just going to continue to practice and get it down. Im sure I can't suck at it forever right? haha. Right now im in the process of cleaning out my garage and get it all set up to tint. Hopefully ill be able to take on some customers in a few weeks.

well im def never against learning something new. I was just looking at it from a convience point of view.? It is really expensive though. I think my biggest problem with tinting is doing the heat shrinking process on rear windows. Im sure thats everyones biggest problem though. Im just going to continue to practice and get it down. Im sure I can't suck at it forever right? haha. Right now im in the process of cleaning out my garage and get it all set up to tint. Hopefully ill be able to take on some customers in a few weeks.

[*]361646

Unless you are tinting a lot of cars-you can definitely do without the computer! Especially if $150 a month seems high to you!Clean the garage out and practice,practice,practice! :lol6

Here's how I look at it...

You want to use the cutter to save time and materials, right?

If you're new, time and materials should be the last of your concerns. Quality and skill building should be the first, and the cutter isn't going to help you with that.

BTW, if you don't have much experience, and you get an older car that isn't supported by the software, then I'd say don't do it anyway. Cars like that are usually a nighmare anyway.

Also, if you are still learning to heat shrink, do yourself a HUGE favor and start out with the Mdog Soap shrink. IT ROCKS!

Archived