UK GLUE

Guest Dazzaboy4374

Guest Dazzaboy4374

Still new to the Tinting game but getting better and quicker with every job.

Got a tip a couple of months ago re brand of glue we can use on Dot Matrix.

Some probably already know but PRITTSICK works a treat

It is water based like the glues used in the US . I have used it on several cars with great results. Just have to make sure you dont squeegee all glue out I use blue card with lint free cloth.

Used it first on my BMW 318 Salloon in July 2005, dots still stuck down a treat to this day.

Hope this one helps !!

DAZZA :dunno

Guest Dazzaboy4374
Great Tip Dazza!

What do you find is the best way to apply the glue - to the dot matrix it'self or the tint film?

Please share your knowledge

Thanks

[*]363058

Squeegee film out to complete, pull back film edge , apply Prittstick to dot matrix, place film back down, squeegee flat to edge of dot matrix then with hard card in a cloth press lightly down over matrrix. Be careful not to squeegee glue out. it sould look a little umpy from inside and milky white from outside. When dry it is clear , Did an X5 in Nov been back to see job it looks like the BM factory did it !!!!

Guest Dazzaboy4374
Great Tip Dazza!

What do you find is the best way to apply the glue - to the dot matrix it'self or the tint film?

Please share your knowledge

Thanks

[*]363058

Squeegee film out to complete, pull back film edge , apply Prittstick to dot matrix, place film back down, squeegee flat to edge of dot matrix then with hard card in a cloth press lightly down over matrrix. Be careful not to squeegee glue out. it sould look a little umpy from inside and milky white from outside. When dry it is clear , Did an X5 in Nov been back to see job it looks like the BM factory did it !!!!

[*]363661

umpy...should read lumpy...sorry

Archived