how would you read this

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YEAH... now it looks alittle more illlegal  :hide 

laws are screwed and vague.  ours says 35 +/- 3% VLT and 35% VLR.  well.....Silver 35 meets those requirements.  but then the laws says no mirrored finishes.  :inot 

:nope

[*]365892

a state trooper I used to know said that the reflection could not be greater then 20%, and several companies make film that is 19% reflective. the cop said their fine, especially since they have no way to meter it, just the darkness :nope

and the trooper used to be a tinter, after he moved out of state I started getting to do work for law enforcment, sorry to see him go.........nope!

Guest Key West
YEAH... now it looks alittle more illlegal? :lol

laws are screwed and vague.? ours says 35 +/- 3% VLT and 35% VLR.? well.....Silver 35 meets those requirements.? but then the laws says no mirrored finishes.?  :DD

:lol

[*]365892

Whats the reflectivity limited to by statute? To my knowledge, there is no "portable" device to measure reflectivity available to LEO's. Reflectivity must be measured by an analytical lab. And the law must PROVE that the windows exceed the prescribed amount of reflectivity. An expensive proposition for a ticket. Not to say that they wouldn't have them tested, Thats why they call it gambling! :lol6

But, personally, I h@te mirrored tint. It shrinks for crap, looks cheap, and shows ANY imperfection from across the parking lot!!! I refuse to do it! Thats my line in the sand! :DD

Guest Key West
there are tint meters now that measure reflectivity as well as light transmittance.

[*]365936

REALLY? Any info on accuracy/reliability? Have they been used in court? I'd be vey interested in learning more! :lol6

Guest unsivilized

How could you be liable ? Tell him the law and put on the back of the reciept that you are not held liable for the tint :lol6 Its not !llegal to tint (right ?) it is !llegal to drive the car thats tinted :DD

Guest Key West
How could you be liable ? Tell him the law and put on the back of the reciept that you are not held liable for the tint :lol Its not !llegal to tint (right ?) it is !llegal to drive the car thats tinted? :lol6

[*]365960

Read your states statutes. In alot of states, (Ga included) it is !llegal to apply film not in compliance. Misdemeanor of the 1st degree, punishable by 1000.00 fine and up to 1 year in jail :DD:lol That sux, but true :DD

Archived