Wood Print vinyl

Guest nautiboi73

Guest nautiboi73

I have a project that I can thinking about taking on. I have a friend that does woodwork and I want to make his work Van a Woodie. I have been thinking about different ways to do this. One would be to have two different color wood printed vinyl, that I could lay, cut and trim to my liking. one would be the base the other one wuld be lighter in color and act as the border to the first.

or I could measure each piece that I need and create it on the PC to exacting size and have my Vinyl printer guy print it for me. this method seem to teh the more difficult.

Any other Ideal?

I remember an article in AUTOART magazine on how to do a woody-seems like they did exactly what you say-used one pattern as the base -then a lighter color for the molding-with the grain running opposite the dark color.It would be cool for your wookworking buddy to make real wood moldings! That would really make it special! :uh

Guest nautiboi73

I will post pics IF I do it.

Yea I told him that we could make it a real woodie, but I don't think he is quite up to all the molding of the wood. IT is diferent that putting in on a flat wall. BUt I will tell him to consider it again.

for interior panels...

a woodgrain vinyl, or contact paper laminated to a smooth substrate

.....with a piece of clear acrylic or plexi over it

looks jam up, like a 1/4" clear coat is over the "wood"

wouldnt be for the outside though :twocents

Guest nautiboi73

Avery Has my wood pattern, I am going to run some numbers and see if my guy is interested, I know that this vinyl will not last more than 2-3 years at best. but it may be worth the attention he will get for that time period.

Archived