1981 Camaro Z28

Guest louisianatinter

Guest louisianatinter

I have a 1981 Camaro Z28 scheduled Monday morning at 9. I looked over this car yesterday and noticed its a crappy rust bucket and completely filthy. The rear window looks like it may be a little tricky too. Anyone done one of these lately?

They SSSUUUCCCKKK

Havent done one in years but back in the day did tons of em.

If it has a defrost even worse

on the rear window cut it short on the sides cause it gets alot bigger on the inside ( 3/4" plus)

and its set in buttel rubber (misspelled pronouced BU-TEL) that gets all soft and gooey when you heat it up

I can remember seeing them done in as many as 5 pieces I dont miss them

These days that car can be done in 1 piece ..but loading it into position can kinda suck..do your tinter a favor, don't tint it :lol ..or if you do..clean the glass real well for him ..and the rest of the inside of the car for that matter..the more you look like YOU care about the car's look..the more the tinter will try to do a good job for you.

One last thing..on a car that old , inspect the inner bushing pads on the roll down windows, if they're down to the bare metal (usually you can tell by many uniform scratches on the INSIDE of the glass..have them replaced or your going to be disappointed with scratched/ripped film as soon as your allowed to roll down the windows :lol

Guest tintgod
These days that car can be done in 1 piece ..but loading it into position can kinda suck..do your tinter a favor, don't tint it :lol ..or if you do..clean the glass real well for him ..and the rest of the inside of the car for that matter..the more you look like YOU care about the car's look..the more the tinter will try to do a good job for you.

One last thing..on a car that old , inspect the inner bushing pads on the roll down windows, if they're down to the bare metal (usually you can tell by many uniform scratches on the INSIDE of the glass..have them replaced or your going to be disappointed with scratched/ripped film as soon as your allowed to roll down the windows :lol

[*]383485

great post TW...I agree 100%

Guest louisianatinter

I am the tinter, unfortunatly. The car is for my buddy that owns one of those car lots you dont want to visit. Yea, a lot full of turds. He brought the car to my shop Friday to price it. The passenger window doesn't roll down but I think I can get around it on that car. I said I'd get back to him when I found out more about it. From the look of it I think its really gonna blow. :p1ss

Guest willie
I am the tinter, unfortunatly. The car is for my buddy that owns one of those car lots you dont want to visit. Yea, a lot full of turds. He brought the car to my shop Friday to price it. The passenger window doesn't roll down but I think I can get around it on that car. I said I'd get back to him when I found out more about it. From the look of it I think its really gonna blow.  :p1ss

[*]383526

You dont have to roll those down, there frameless

See what he wants for the car. Yes I'm serious I have a buddy that collects those.

Guest louisianatinter

I'll ask him Monday. I know its had a lot of mods done to the engine. Huge blower, nitrous, crazy shyt. Very fast and obnoxiously loud. The interior is fare, not great though. Awesome Mullet-mobile.

I know that this sounds crazy, but the last one I did was on a show car and we removed the back window. The kit around the back glass was so badly smeared it would have been impossible to do a clean job on it. The customer did not mind the extra cost for the quality job he received, which I find very rare. We also provide all types of glass works here, so it was easy for us. I also didn't have to deal with the rotted plastic trim around the window.

Archived