teaching tinting

should shops have a no compete clause when they TRAIN a new tinter  

22 members have voted

1. 1. should shops have a no compete clause when they TRAIN a new tinter

• poll: yes.
    • poll: no.
    • poll: not with in 25 miles.
    • poll: not with in 50 miles.
    • poll: not for 2 years in the same area.

ethics is all u got. non compete is unconstitutional everywhere. your only recourse if you have one is to tie the guy up in a lawsuit. It will get dropped, but not before he has to spend the bucks defending himself. of course maybe the newbie won't know that so u can bluff him with the contract.

I only ask that no one currently working for me draws my business away and takes it home to their garage.

Other than that, you are only mine until you quit or get fired. I can't take a tradesman and put him out of work for 2 years over some bs no-compete agreement. Besides....I'll burry him in 3 months anyway :beer

Look at any profession that way. An electrician works for 10 years getting certified in every which way he can, and then decides to start his own gig. Then big man boss says "No, you have to wait it out for 2 years before you can."

One, what the hell is a 2 year (or whatever the contract says) going to do for the original trainer.....and Two....what the hell is that poor guy suppose to do for that time peroid? Bus tables at a resturant or a wally world greeter?

I think they (no compete agreements) are chicken shiz, IMO. Thats why when you train someone, you never teach them EVERYTHING :beer

Guest tintgod
?

Thats why when you train someone, you never teach them EVERYTHING  :beer

[*]401975

yeah...but they always think they know everything...just like every other tinter out there :beer

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

in my town it would never work because most the tinters here get paid under the table. But I know how it is, when you finally get a guy that is working out perfect....He decides he wants to be your competition.

Archived