Door Felt

Guest CSCustoms

Guest CSCustoms

Over course we all hate the car with felt seals around the door windows. Apply perfectly and one finger brings in all the nasty crud that the Crud Fairy put there :lol . I do believe in the Crud Fairy you know, what else causes the hair pulling stress of tinting :lol2 .

Anyways I use packing tape and it works great. That little extra time prevents a lot of hassel and retinting. It also is easy to remove once the tint has been fully squeeged. You have to watch on some cars like the 4 door chevy cav. The pillar between the back window and quarter on the inside of the door, there I put a strip of masking tape on the pillar, then apply the packaging tape. It seems the glue on the packaging tape wants to stay on the pillar. The masking tape prevents having to clean glue off wasting time. Damn "Glue Fairys" :lol

Well thats my story, I mean tip and I'm sticking to it weither you use this method or not. Back to my coffee. :bat

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

so your tip is to use tape on felt? thought that was pretty well known...how bout a tip on getting it out of there once you tinted the window and now have tape rolled up in your freshly tinted shiiiat. is that why your saying use packing tape because it slides out easier?

Guest CSCustoms

Basically what I saying is that packaging tape is the best way. Many use masking tape which I have experienced that dust etc can stick to the tape and can tear etc. The packing tape is smooth and all slides off when spraying, when removing, you have to be careful cause sometimes the tape will tear leaving a piece in the seal.

Your right, not the greatest tip, but good for those just starting out.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

yeah I agree , the packing tape works really well,sticks good and holds less trash.the tan stuff works good too. The only drawback is it's more difficult to manage

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

right on....I need to try it next time I get a felty in (hopfully not for a looong time, I hate contaminated installs and just cant get it super clean when theres felt....thanks for the tip

Archived