compter concerns

I have noticed alot of people being concerned about air bag curtains, and computers on rear decks(7 series). I think someone had a post about this awhile back, I really don't remember. I have just done three 745ils in the past month and never had a problem, and just tinted an audi with the air bags on the pillars. I have never been concerned with this until I read something about it on the makes and model page. My question is has anyone ever damaged, broke or bought a computer or an air bag? The air bag concerns have me a little stumped considering all the sensors are on the outside of the vehicles.

Thanks for any info you can provide :thumb

Guest Sprinter

yes there have been a few who have bought the computers for the 7 series bmw, it runs roughtly 7000.00 to replace it! hav'nt heard of any bags being deployed from tinting as of yet!

Guest thetintshop

what I want to know is why don't they waterproof these things. especially the ones in the doors.

I mean, what if somebody owning one of these has to leave the door open for a minute or two when it raining? what if somebody leaves the window down and it starts raining? the instances they could be damaged are endless. I would be scared shitless to ever open my door when it was raining if my vehicles had these.

Never had any probs with computers or airbags because of water. I have had 1 problem with an Audi A4, not the computer or airbags though, the speakers in the doors have factory amps mounted to the back of the speaks. Get em' too wet and the speakers won't work for a day or two until they dry out. Done a ton of em' though and only that one problem. Must of used too much water that day :thumb

Archived