Security Films

Guest TriOptimumOnline

Guest TriOptimumOnline

Hi everyone. I'm wondering what your opinions are on automotive security films, such as those offered by Llumar. I'm going to be attending a college in a bad neighborhood this fall, and I hear car break ins are very common. I have expensive stereo equipment in the car (monitors) and fear it will make my car a huge target.

My main questions - what brand names are offered, what thickness should I look for, do they work (and to what degree), and what should I expect to pay? I think just doing the driver/passenger window (it's a coupe) would suffice.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Guest tintdawg

Ive done a few, It slows down an intruder. But remember if they REALLY want in there, they'll get in. Make sure that if you have quarter windows, you do those. They usually go threw those.(make less sound when breaking)

Guest TriOptimumOnline
Ive done a few, It slows down an intruder. But remember if they REALLY want in there, they'll get in. Make sure that if you have quarter windows, you do those. They usually go threw those.(make less sound when breaking)

Thanks for the reply. Do you (or does anyone else) have any idea where I can purchase a security film in Ohio, near Akron/Cleveland? I can't find anyone locally. Or, is this something I could put on myself, and if so, is there anywhere online I can buy some?

Thanks again :krazy!

The most vulnerable part of a vehicle is the window glass. Most vehicles now have security alarms but they only make noise they do slow the progress of a car jacking or theft. Real security starts with deterring a thief from smashing the window and hurting an occupant of a vehicle, stealing the contents of the vehicle or the vehicle itself.

ACE/Security Laminates

Ace Security Laminates protects your car and yourself from break in, riot situations and crude firebombs. In case of car hijacking, you get plenty of time to escape as the intruders' first instinct is to break your car window glass in order to succeed. With Ace security laminates installed on your car windows, the intruder does not succeed in breaking the window glass even by attacking the car windows with iron rods, rocks, baseball bats, sharp objects and Molotov cocktails.

By protecting the windows of a vehicle with laminate you are creating a strong deterrent for would be theft because smashing the windows becomes so difficult. Rocks, baseball bats and crowbars are the most common tools used to gain access to a vehicle, the following are some advantages to using our laminate to protect yourself, your family and your valuables:

Advantages:

1.Reduce the risk from acts of violence such as car jacking or automobile theft.

2.Reduce the risk from anyone gaining entry to your vehicle to steal, stereos, computers, tools or the 3.vehicle itself.

4.Reduce the risk of being hurt as a result of violence in the event of civil unrest.

Archived