Recommend a Film for Privacy Concerns

Guest spam33

Guest spam33

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the tinting world, and wanted to see if any of you could make a recommendation. I've got two windows in my apartment that are about 7 or 8 feet off the ground. I enjoy the view outside, but the problem is that the building across from me can look right into my apartment. I'm looking for a way to tint the window so I can see out and they can't see in. Heat is not a concern for me because the balcony above mine shades the windows from direct sunlight. I was checking out the Gila Privacy Mirror film at Lowes, but that only provides daytime privacy. I'd prefer to have nightime privacy as that is when they get the better view of my apartment. Gila's 800 number said I should go for the Privacy Black because it is a static cling film and will work at night. Anyone have experience using the privacy black? Or can you recommend something else?

Thanks.

Guest VOLTRON

there is no film that will give you privacy at night. Because u have more light on the inside then outside you will be able to see in. Like in a interigation room in the police station you see in the movies, the people behind the mirror are in a dark room and the person being interigated is in a bright room.

The only way you can get privacy is to put some shades there or some possible decorative films like frost but that will obstruct your view day and night. You can get privacy during the day from window films but not at night unless its a film like frost or black out.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I had a customer that wanted the same thing in her office, she wanted to be in her office with the light on (at night) and be able to see who comes in the other door without them seeing her. I double layered symphony 15 and because there were lights in the front room and a desk light in her office they werent able to completly see in at her. Im thinkng the only way is to attach some lights to that over hanging patio or even in the shrubs around the window that will make a light from the outside and will reflect on the tint. :beer for added privacy point a couple lights right in there direction so just looking at your window will blind them !! :beer

LOL!

Trying to convince him to go from Gila at Lowe's to Luministy! That's one hell of an upsell!

Tint it and buy some blinds. Open the blinds during the day, close the blinds at night.

Guest vclimber
LOL!

Trying to convince him to go from Gila at Lowe's to Luministy! That's one hell of an upsell!

Tint it and buy some blinds. Open the blinds during the day, close the blinds at night.

I train all my salespersons to go for it. :lol

I had a customer that wanted the same thing in her office, she wanted to be in her office with the light on (at night) and be able to see who comes in the other door without them seeing her. I double layered symphony 15 and because there were lights in the front room and a desk light in her office they werent able to completly see in at her. Im thinkng the only way is to attach some lights to that over hanging patio or even in the shrubs around the window that will make a light from the outside and will reflect on the tint. :dunno for added privacy point a couple lights right in there direction so just looking at your window will blind them !! :shoot2

LUMISTY will not work since the windows across the street are straight on. Lumisty works when seen at an angle. And the chits expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest vclimber

I had a customer that wanted the same thing in her office, she wanted to be in her office with the light on (at night) and be able to see who comes in the other door without them seeing her. I double layered symphony 15 and because there were lights in the front room and a desk light in her office they werent able to completly see in at her. Im thinkng the only way is to attach some lights to that over hanging patio or even in the shrubs around the window that will make a light from the outside and will reflect on the tint. :dunno for added privacy point a couple lights right in there direction so just looking at your window will blind them !! :rock

LUMISTY will not work since the windows across the street are straight on. Lumisty works when seen at an angle. And the chits expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luminisity comes in a 90 degree angle haziness as well as the angled haziness. They give you the choices. Yep, it's costs big $$$. :shoot2

Guest VOLTRON

there is a lumisty X and a lumisty Y, one of them is blurred when facing directly at it and you can see at an angle, and the other one is clear when looking strait at it and blurry from the side. And yes it is quite expensive.

Guest Tintin' Magician

I'm pretty sure that this cat isn't going to go from gila to lumnisty, although it is a good point, climber! I would probably go with the gila and blinds on this one though, probably be the same cost as the lumnisty and a lil' bit more effective! :shoot2

Archived