Don't scratch the car

Guest Al-tint

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintman AZ

don't wear a belt and wear cotton pants..

:eyebrows

I remember making this comment a while back and OT said : " Your just there to TINT the car..not HUMP it " :evileye

Now you tell me.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

looks like more work...just spray...shrink...and get that film on the inside, less time the better for me...I usually have a car in the shop and a few waiting outside for me, no time to gift wrap the car. besides its only soapy water (did someone say it helps if you drop the heat gun? I dont think it would) my 2 cents

Guest Tom Cat
I saw this at a friend's shop.

Wrap the car in 24" Sign Premask and you won't have to worry about an accidental scratch or mark on the high end vehicles.

Yes this is just a corolla, I had my camera so I thought I would just show you. I did not have a fancy ride to do today.

Premask is cheap.

premask.jpg

:blowtorch

Nice tip. How much does that stuff cost?

don't wear a belt and wear cotton pants..

Premask is a good idea on the sides. I use several nice off-white towels to use on the trunklid. Cheap ones wear out and are as soft and fluffy. Mid priced ones do great for rear deck and trunk.

I've worn shorts or dockers and a t-shirt or polo shirt since I started tinting. No belt, not tucked in while tinting. No shoes with metal buckles or notches. Just laces and fabric/leather. Excellent idea. Always cool and won't scratch.

when using a heatgun

ALWAYS throw the cord over your shoulder please

:blowtorch:finger:

Archived