Llumar ATR 30 Charcoal vs Pinnacle 35

Guest TrueBlueKew

Guest TrueBlueKew

Greetings from Fort Worth. Several weeks reader, first time poster.

I have been looking at various window tints and have been looking all around the tintdude website (great site), trying to determine what will fit the bill best for what's available in my area. I started with Llumar ATR 30% charcoal, Huper 30% and Formula One Pinnacle 35%, but have read about the difficulties in working with Huper so am beggining to shy away from it. The tint is going on a a silver Honda Fit (antenna on top). Yes I know... it's a little econobox car and it's not a dream machine but it serves me well and is fun to drive. I want to put a quality tint on it that will last. I am looking for a tint that is charcoal to black in color. Trying to stay away from a green, blue or silver/metalic appearance, but I also like a little bit of reflection and don't want the flat, no reflection black that I see on some bling bling rides...

I'm hoping to gain some feedback on the difference between the Llumar ATR 30% charcoal and the Pinnacle 35%, as far as the difference in look and the difference in heat rejection. I want to put a quality tint on my car that will last but am I really getting the extra bang for the buck on the Pinnacle or is it a much higher price for a very slight improvement? I don't have a navi but I do listen to AM radio (wifey calls it old man radio) and use a cell phone in the car and am concerned about the metal in the tint, though again antena is on top.

The ATR can be installed nearby at Alta Mere where as the Formula One I would need to go to Dallas. I don't mind the drive if it's worth it but if it not then I would just assume save the time and money.

Any feedback on ATR vs Pinnacle would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-B

Guest willie

Alta Mere would be a fine place to get the job done

Take a look at the Suntek HP 30% before you make a decision or the 3M CS 35 if you get over the black thing

Good luck :bingo

Guest vclimber

It all comes down to which film looks best to you. You have a handful of good products here, pick the one that you like on your car and you will be happy. :bingo

Guest VOLTRON

I dont know the difference in heat rejection between the 2 although I do have the pinicle on my truck. It is only 50% but I can tell a difference from driving in my other vehicle that doesnt have it. I am a flatglass tinter so dont know much about the automotive films. I know the clarity in the pinicle is better and the heat rejection is slightly better then the ATR. The look of the pinicle sounds more like what you want but I dont know if the numbers will be sufficient enough for you to decide on the pinicle.

Guest TrueBlueKew

Thanks for the feedback so far.

No objection to black at all. I just don't want a flat black (correct termanology?) that doesn't offer some sort of reflection. I tried to find example pics of the 3M CS 35 and haven't had much luck. Saw one pick taken at night so it showed 0 reflection, but I have to say I really liked the color. It seemed pretty dark for a 35% and while I wouldn't want to have 5% (don't really like the look and it's !llegal), I have to say I really liked how dark the CS 35% appeared. :spit I've tried to find example pics of Pinnacle 35 and haven't had any luck with that either. If anyone has any good links/or can post pics of Pinnacle 35 or Color Stable 35 I would greatly appreciate it.

Any additional feedback also greatly appreciated.

-B

Archived