XBOX or PS2 Mods

I have just recently became aware of ALL the mods available for these two. I have both. Should I max them out or just wait. PS3 is MINE when it hits. I never wanted a 360 although they are pretty hot.

Has anyone here done mods on the XBox or PS2 and was it worth the dough? Should I just wait and play my PS2 games on the PS3 and hope they rock even more on the big boy? Leave the PS2 alone and mod the XB or buy the 360? Suggestions? I am not a big gamer, just like to have the best when I do sit down to play :lol6

I would say leave them alone. If you mod out an original xbox, you take the chance of xbox live "pinging" your box, and if "they" detect that it is a modded console, the console will be banned from xbox live. There are ways around this if your box gets hit or detected, but I have never really read into it.

If you buy into a xbox 360, do yourself a favor and get a warranty on the console. I am on my fifth one already. The second generation consoles are supposed to be better, but the ones I have had still crapped out. The last time around I went and purchased a "monster" surge protector as well. I hope this one lasts, the people at eb are tired of seeing me bring in an xbox almost every two months.

I have just recently became aware of ALL the mods available for these two. I have both. Should I max them out or just wait. PS3 is MINE when it hits. I never wanted a 360 although they are pretty hot.

Has anyone here done mods on the XBox or PS2 and was it worth the dough? Should I just wait and play my PS2 games on the PS3 and hope they rock even more on the big boy? Leave the PS2 alone and mod the XB or buy the 360? Suggestions? I am not a big gamer, just like to have the best when I do sit down to play :lol6

I have no idea how a modded ps2 would work online. Maybe Nauti would have some more insight on this one

thanks dude. I will certainly buy the warranty. Normally I refuse, but seeing yours and other probs out of these things... I'm saving up for PS3 right now. Got alot of expenses and savings right this minute. :lol6

Archived