Most POPULAR for a house

Guest RCOOTE

Guest Key West
I like the n1050. I inbstall alot of it. too dark doesnt work well for a house imo. what are you wanting to achieve?privacy, heat , glare ?

Odd... our biggest seller is NV-15/or 25 for people with glare problems. And most of my customers have glare high up on the list of sun problems. :gasp

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
Anything short of blackout on a window , you are still going to have glare on a t.v. set and such

not true, I have SB25 on a window with SL180 over that, NO glare at all and can still see out fine during the day :dunno

I understand there will always be glare, but if I can cut some of it out, thats cool. I'm really most concerned about the UV so the way I see it, any film will prevent that. I guess I am thinking a little privacy in the back of my head too... I went to squeege the samples on but it was too dark when I got home. I'll wait till the week end in the middle of the day to try it before I order. I'm really liking the DR right now. Looks more like a nice pair of raybans looking out. I'm not sure yet tho..

I've seen pics of the N1050

I'm stuck between the LULU N1040 or the LULU DR35

CAN ANYONE POST PICS OF ANY OF THESE TWO SELECTIONS.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I would still say go with 35. If you go darker than 35 then you will probably have to put a silver film to keep the solar absorbtion down so as to not cause seal failure in your double panes. Generally look at your swatch book sample and check s. absorbtion on the different films and if its at or under 50% it should be safe for d. pane (right vclimber?) You may want to check llucys film2glass chart though to be on the safe side b4 ordering a certain %.

Guest vclimber
I would still say go with 35. If you go darker than 35 then you will probably have to put a silver film to keep the solar absorbtion down so as to not cause seal failure in your double panes. Generally look at your swatch book sample and check s. absorbtion on the different films and if its at or under 50% it should be safe for d. pane (right vclimber?) You may want to check llucys film2glass chart though to be on the safe side b4 ordering a certain %.

He said he's stuck between N1040 and DR-35. Either of those should be fine unless there are some serious shadowing or glass issues....

Archived