Hi - NooB to the site and tinting...

Guest Sue Esponte

Guest Sue Esponte

I've been looking for recommendations on an installer in the CT/NY area and have spoken to a few people about options. A guy in Monroe, CT comes highly recommended but he uses "Thomson Window Film". Anyone familiar with Thomson or is it Thompson? I've also found another shop that uses SolarGard, one that uses HuperOptik (by far the most expensive) and one that installs Llumar. Any advice?

Thanks!!

Guest vclimber

Get bids on all 3 films if you haven't already. Ask for samples. Ask for references. Go for the film that looks the best to you, is represented by a company that you feel comfortable with, is installed by someone with good references, and meets the specs that you want.

Get bids on all 3 films if you haven't already. Ask for samples. Ask for references. Go for the film that looks the best to you, is represented by a company that you feel comfortable with, is installed by someone with good references, and meets the specs that you want.

Agreed :beer

Sue are you sure they didnt say Johnson?

Anyway good luck and welcome

Guest Sue Esponte

I'll call the "Thomson" guy back and see if I misheard him.

How do Johnson window films compare to SolarGard, Huper Optik and Llumar? I've researched HO a bit and it seems like they're being touted as a high line product. Then again, Llumar seems to be up there as well.

The quotes I've gotten after calling around are .... for SolarGard HP film, the same for "Thomson" (whether Thomson or Johnson), .... for Llumar and ...... for HO.

Are these prices all in line with the market? Is the HO really more than twice the product as SolarGard HP?

**Reason for edit ..we don't discuss prices as there are too many factors, thanks :beer**

Guest vclimber
I'll call the "Thomson" guy back and see if I misheard him.

How do Johnson window films compare to SolarGard, Huper Optik and Llumar? I've researched HO a bit and it seems like they're being touted as a high line product. Then again, Llumar seems to be up there as well.

The quotes I've gotten after calling around are.... for SolarGard HP film, the same for "Thomson" (whether Thomson or Johnson), .... for Llumar and .... for HO.

Are these prices all in line with the market? Is the HO really more than twice the product as SolarGard HP?

The company that makes Llumar also makes a line of film specifically designed for homes, it is called Vista and they tout it as thier Premium line of film. You may want to see if there is a Vista dealer nearby, they can show you films that Llumar does not have.

Johnson is typically your less expensive film. The best thing to do there is to put it side by side to any of the others and the rest will speak for itself.

Huper can be up to twice as expensive but it depends on which film, they hae several different types all priced differently. It looks like you have a small job here so there may be other factors that raise the price.

With a job the size of yours, choose the film that looks best to you on your home. That is important. If the salespersons are all doing thier jobs right, the specs should all be close.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Out of those three types of films I would go with the Llumar ATR if they are using that brand of lulu. But if you want the shiny look and keeps your car cooler (depending on car with back glass) id go with the Platnium Plus. I know other people would disagree with the lulu but most would agree. Its a great film. It will def. hold up for as long as you own your car. It has a lil bit of a greenish hue to it more greenish to certain cars (color type)

Guest vclimber
The company that makes Llumar also makes a line of film specifically designed for homes, it is called Vista and they tout it as thier Premium line of film. You may want to see if there is a Vista dealer nearby, they can show you films that Llumar does not have.

Johnson is typically your less expensive film. The best thing to do there is to put it side by side to any of the others and the rest will speak for itself.

Huper can be up to twice as expensive but it depends on which film, they hae several different types all priced differently. It looks like you have a small job here so there may be other factors that raise the price.

With a job the size of yours, choose the film that looks best to you on your home. That is important. If the salespersons are all doing thier jobs right, the specs should all be close.

:dunno Disregard my last post, for some reason I thought you were doing your house. :beach

Huper on a car will be double. The reason is that it is more expensive and takes a lot longer to install.

Guest tintman AZ

I don't know but isn't Johnson less expensive just because your buying direct from the factory? :beach

Archived