honda civic type R

Guest sunscreen

I have a civic si like the one the guy posted up. yeah I'm still new to tinting but I have successfully tinted all of my windows except for the back one. Could someone give me some good tips for heat shrinking to the particular window. Don't I need to get all of the fingers away from the sides and make them vertical up and down? And I was wonder is there a limit to how much you can heat the film before it wont shrink anymore? thanks

We tinted one yesterday mate.

Basically, the back glass is the toughest one to do. There is a limit to how much the film will shrink but its do-able if you are using a decent quality film.

First job like mentioned on this thread is to get that rear spoiler off. Just pop the trims off inside the tail gate and there are about 6 10mm bolts to undo and then the spoiler just pops off. This gives you so much room at the top that you can shrink into.

Get your film cut along the bottom edge of the glass right to the bottom to give you some room to shrink into and even crease or burn the film below to black edge. Cut along the sides and top leaving plenty of excess film on the top edge to bring any side bubbles round to the top to be shrunk out. The bottom edge is tricky to shrink in the corners especially but just go steady and it will go. You can them mark up just outside the balck edge and get your final cut. Lay the film back onto the glass to check the film is lying flat and then install.

Pic below of installed film with spolier off the car to show how much extra room you have to shrink into.

civictyper.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ventnor Tintz

Watch out front sides on these, make sure your film if your putting on fronts is Dryed properly as top corner by B pillar will catch internal rubber, has a tendancy to lift tint or nick it so be really carefull,

Every civic so far Not the new shapes, i have noticed its the tightest spot, so i tend to leave windows down a few mm before rolling up properly, Not that i do front sides that often,

Archived