Where have I been?

Hi everyone...I got an e-mail the other day from one of the moderators wondering where I have been...first of all most of you are probably thinking "I don't even know who the $#@% this guy is and I don't really care...

Actually I have been tinting windows for over 10 years, I got out of it about 3 years ago and have been doing a few here and there for friends. I found this site during the summer and got all excited about tinting again, talking to fellow tinters is something I had never done...we all keep our secrets around here. Then I decidied to do a car for someone who was not a friend. Recently they made some law changes and with 50% on front doors you are OK. Before it was 70% but not enforced. SO I explain this but the guy is bitching he wants dark....whih is why I was forced to close my business 4 years ago because @$$%ole tinters were doing limo and 20% all around so the police went nuts and made press releases effectively killing the industry.

So I insist on 50 % on the front doors, do 35% on rear doors and even go 20% on the rear window (he wants it to look even so didn't want 20 on rear doors).

Of course the guy calls back 2 weeks later whining and bitching his front doors aren't dark enough, he wants 35, I made him do 50. I want to tell him to %&^&* himself but he is a friend of a friend. Then he starts looking for problems, there are "bubbles too". So I will be changing the front doors to shut him up.

Needless to say my tinting enthusiasm is gone. I still tint but only for friends and previous customers.

I now work for a remote car starter manufacturer doing tech training and support. I used to prefer tinting to car starters because tint mistakes are less costly but now I see that a starter either works or doesn't. Customers can't look for problems like tint!

So I am back and will keep an eye on things.....thanks for letting me vent!

I am just the opposite of you. I do tinting full time and I used to do alarms and remote starters, but I will only do remote starters for people I know :DD I got tired of "my headlight went out after you installed the remote starter :DD The last one to touch the car owns the problems :DD

Guest SQUEEGEE
I am just the opposite of you. I do tinting full time and I used to do alarms and remote starters, but I will only do remote starters for people I know :passout  I got tired of "my headlight went out after you installed the remote starter :beer  The last one to touch the car owns the problems :40

Aint that the farkin' truth Gustav !

I don't know what you msde on the tint job for the :ahole

I would just give him his money back and tell him to !@#$ off, turn around and walk away, this guy prolly posted on here about his gripes.

Archived