00-06 Ford Crew Cabs, Rear Slider Issue

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
so you call guest 'galaxy boy' too ?? :lol2:rollin

My bad was I giving you credit where it wasnt due :lol2

I thought you posted it, awesome tip either way.

No I call guest....son of a biatch :lol2

I missed out on the galaxy boy reference, what gives blade?

something we (guest, snap, me, and a couple other co-workers) used to call each other. :rollin so much dust in the tint that it looks like a galaxy of stars :lol2

Guest willie
something we (guest, snap, me, and a couple other co-workers) used to call each other. :lol2 so much dust in the tint that it looks like a galaxy of stars :lol2

I took TG off of ignore for a moment and I now see where he is taking the credit. :rollin

I thought galaxy boy had something to do with the Klingon stuff too. Man its just one of those nights :lol2

Guest Sprinter

my friend who tints leaves the light gaps but not me I guess I'm more 4|\|4L than the customers, you can pry the plastic up also with your olfa blade just slightly and tuck the film in there, no light gaps on thoughs.

great tip to heat them up :rollin

Guest wilcax

push the window out, then remove the rubber gasket. there is four screws, two on top and two on bottom, most are phillips but older ones are square heads. then you just pull them apart and thats it.

tint the windows and let them dry in the sun, or heat them up with the heat gun . to put it back togethor it takes two people, one to hold the three pieces of glass and one to put the top rail on. then just rope the glass back in.

I've done a lot of these and they can also be done by yourself, although it sucks. put the top rail on while the glass is flat, you can prop it off the table with tint boxes. then to rope it in, you do it with the slider part open. stick your head through it from the outside, let your shoulders hold it in place, and rope it in. make sure to rope it evenly to insure it doesnt move too much. since youre holding it yourself and roping it it has the tendency to slide around.

Archived