Energy Audit in CA / Request for info

Dear CA installers,

A company in CA is working on a model energy audit and has requested general information to estimate energy savings and payback period for commercial installations. I can handle the technical side; but I am not aware of some local CA information. The company wanted a "general" installation cost for window film (film plus installation). What would be a good range for standard film (like Silver reflective series or Solar Bronze) for installation plus film?

I would estimate a range of $6 - $8 / sf. Would that be accurate? I don't want to break any tint dude rules about pricing; but the model can not be done without input for cost and I want to be as accurate as possible for the model.

Of course the above does not include:

-Removal, if any

-special lifts or equipment

You input would be appreciated.

Guest Olfablade

Most of California's new home construction consists of IG units after 1999. Low E IG units are now more prevelant than ever in new tracks. So the cheaper standard silver and solar bronze films can't be used. Specialty ceramic and dual Reflective films are now in demand for the added concerns with the coated IG units. Your estimated install range is probably close to the median for those using specialty film applications. However there are still the $3 a square hacks out there whoring it up. Hope this helps :gasp

Thanks for the information in CA; it helps us with payback periods.

Also, thanks for welcoming me to the board. Although, I am not as experienced as all of you in installing film; I've been in the industry for 12 years working for a couple different suppliers. I hope to provide support to anyone who requests it.

Cheers,

Archived