seat leon 5dr 1/4 window

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

hola :beer

just taken panel off to remove 1/4 on rear door in prep for tommorow

had a quick look and cant seem to see where window comes out - does it come out? upright bar seems fixed to bodywork

any ideas :beer

:beer rob

Hey Walestint,

we do these in place - for both tint and security film. From memory (its been a while) the film can slide under the rubber if you trim the edge - but go careful the ceramic black scratches very easily.

Could be wrong but I recall them coming out attached to the upright bar. In any case they can be done in place - so don't give yourself the extra stress.

Good luck

:beer

Guest walestint

cheers for that tintim

ive done them in place the last time I had one a while back and may have to do again in place, in the morning

they musst come out though, as they were put in - unless they built the car around the rear 1/4 window :beer

why did they have to hide the tuck space on matrix with rubber - numpties!

dont think ill trim the rubber

rob

no problem.

Need to see it but I think the qtr window is attached to that upright bar - once bolts for the bar are released I think the top of the bar hooks into the bodywork if no screw fixing is visible at the top under the rubbers inside or outside the frame.

Can you get a white platic stick under the rubber just enough to to prise it away - albeit slightly - to give yourself enough room. Like u say cutting them is risky, have u tried cutting rubbers holding the knife with blade facing toward u making sure it does not touch the glass. I use this method on shall we say "sensitive windows" and it works well.

hope this helps

:beer

I cut them on the last dot, they seem to go in OK.

Hey Naughty,

I've cut them on the dots as well and not had a problem.But I've scractched ceramic on about 5 or 6 cars in seven years which has required digging out and touching in or replacing. One was a leon and one a golf - u now whats its like. Good Karma if u can save someone grief. :beer

Whats with the lockdown and disappareance of threads on here - if u get my drift. I've seen far worse be allowed to carry on.

:lol6

Guest walestint

early start

done rear and one rear door by 9am

I cut to last dot, little excess to tuck in in places

cowabunga :thumb

the 1/4 window is bonded in so its a cut to the last dot, defo not trim the rubber :krazy

did 1 of these myself the other day,indeed them quarters are a pain I trimed rubber slightly must have took 3 stabs at one of them untill I got it right,back window also is covered either side with about 3 inches of plastic trim,made install tricky,all in all not a nice car to tint,I struggled a bit :dunno

Guest naughtydog
did 1 of these myself the other day,indeed them quarters are a pain I trimed rubber slightly must have took 3 stabs at one of them untill I got it right,back window also is covered either side with about 3 inches of plastic trim,made install tricky,all in all not a nice car to tint,I struggled a bit :dunno

You'll be OK when you get better.

Archived