Bowflex

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a friend(key word-HAD) who bought one. He loved it. He used it alot and had awesome results.

Was he in good shape B4 using it ?

I had an early model...it was nice but took up alot of room.

I sold it at a yard sale for 200...I was happy to get rid of it...... :beer

:beer

Not a good endorsement :lol2 I understand the newer ones are much user friendly ..no pulley changes in between exercises ..

They have a new one out that takes up less space, I was considering it.....

I hate the fact that they don't give you the full price on the commercials...... :err

Yeah, I didn't like that either..not to mention they always use people in good shape..I want to see someone out of shape GETTING in shape using the bowflex only

Dont pay full price.... Theres always a sheet load of them on Craigslist...here is a link to all the people who are trying to get rid of them from your area..

Bowflex

Thanks for the link..were all over that already :lol2

It's actually for the wife..she's researched them pretty good and is going between the Xtreme 2 for $1300 or ultimate 2 for $2000 . That's buying in the US..if she bought the SAME machines in Canada , it's $2100 for Xtreme2 and $3100 for the ultimate 2.

That's messed up..but true :beer

I had the Ultimate XTLU model, which I thought was great. It got sold during a move, but it's on the list of things to eventually replace. I don't think I'd bother with one of the cheapo models, though.

Anyway, it was much better than I was expecting. I tried a Soloflex years ago and thought that was crap.

Folded up, it didn't take up much more than a 2' x 2' square space, but the leg attachment needs to be pulled before folding it (2 thumb screws). Once folded, it was pretty easy to move around if needed.

It feels a little awkward at first compared to free weights, as it can get a little wobbly while you try to keep everything where it should be. Once you get past that, you can start making pretty good progress. Actually, getting past the wobbling is progress, since you've increased your stability.

I'd probably write the first few weeks off as trying to find your routine and just getting used to the different feel. There's a lot of different exercises you can do with it, but it doesn't take long to find the main ones you want to stick with.

Once you get used to it and get your routine down, workouts are quick & easy. I used to group the exercises together by weight & machine position, so there wasn't as much time screwing around and moving things back and forth.

Archived