Window Film Can Conserve Up to 14kWh per SF per year

A local newspaper has asked me to help write an article for their special "Green" section on conserving energy. I wrote up the following; however I am looking for a tech guy to review and make any suggestions that I might have missed.

===========

Press Release: Solar Control Window Film Conserves Energy...

Installing solar control window film is a very efficient way to conserve energy and save money.

How does that work? Metallized films block up to 78% of the solar energy from entering your home or office; thus reducing the load on your HVAC system and saving energy. A film with a Shading Coefficient of .26, such as Silver 20%, will conserve up to 14 kWh of energy per year per square foot (SF) in Houston. A consumer that pays $.125 per kWh will save $1.75 per year per SF.

A home or office with 3,000 square feet of windows can save $5,250 per year. This reduces the peak demand on electrical utilities because window film conserves energy between 10 AM and 4 PM when energy demand is at it's highest.

Florida Power & Light stated that window film rebate programs are the most effective rebate programs in conserving energy because the product is cost effective, has a quick payback period, and has immediate results in conserving energy. Once installed, it is saving energy.

Other benefits of window film include:

Reduces hot spots

Absorbs UV rays that cause fading

Reduces glare

Global's solar control window film is a very efficient way to conserve energy, save money and be comfortable in your home. Houston based Global distributor will recommend a professional installer to fit your needs.

Insulation for your Windows

Window Films Saves you Money, year after year...

=========

I know somebody in England wrote one up a few months ago, but I couldn't find it. I appreciate your input.

Cheers,

Guest vclimber

Window film is a much more sustainable solution than replacing your glass. It takes much more energy and resources to MFG, deliver, replace, and install new high performance glass than applying window film as a performance upgrade...

Post a copy of the article when it gets published. :thumb

Window film is a much more sustainable solution than replacing your glass. It takes much more energy and resources to MFG, deliver, replace, and install new high performance glass than applying window film as a performance upgrade...

Post a copy of the article when it gets published. :beer

Thanks Vclimber, I like what you wrote and will work it into the article. I was hoping you would offer some input. When we're published, I'll post the article with a link too!

:thumb

The lower overall energy consumption resulting from window films decreases the demand for new CO2-producing power facilities, in turn resulting in decreased emissions - and a smaller overall carbon footprint.

Looks good. :thumb

Damn, that sounds good too! Let's hope the article will inform more people about architectural film and the solutions that it offers!

:beer

Thanks Vclimber & Burns! :thumb

I've added both of your recommendations into the article...I'll have to give credit. If anybody else has some recommendations, feel free to get the editor's red pen out & go at it.

See the revision...

=========

Press Release: Window Film Conserves Energy

Installing solar control window film is a very efficient way to conserve energy and save money.

How does that work? Metallized films block up to 78% of the solar energy from entering your home or office; thus reducing the load on your HVAC system and saving energy. A film with a Shading Coefficient of .26, such as Silver 20%, will conserve up to 14 kWh of energy per year per square foot (SF). A consumer that pays $.125 per kWh will save an estimated $1.75 per year per SF with an efficient HVAC system and save even more with a less efficient HVAC.

A home or office with 3,000 square feet of windows can save $5,250 per year. This reduces the peak demand on electrical utilities because window film conserves energy between 10 AM and 4 PM when energy demand is at its highest. The lower overall energy consumption resulting from window films decreases the demand for new CO2-producing power facilities, in turn resulting in decreased emissions - and a smaller overall carbon footprint.

Florida Power & Light stated that window film rebate programs are the most effective rebate programs in conserving energy because the product is cost effective, has a quick payback period, and has immediate results in conserving energy. Once installed, it is saving energy.

Other benefits of window film include:

• Reduces hot spots

• Absorbs UV rays (thus reducing fading)

• Reduces glare

When comparing alternatives in increasing the efficiency of the window envelope, window film is a much more sustainable solution than replacing your glass. It takes much more energy and resources to manufacture, deliver, replace, and install new high performance glass than applying window film as a performance upgrade to existing windows.

Global’s solar control window film is a very efficient way to conserve energy, save money and be comfortable in your home. Your Houston based Global distributor will recommend a professional installer to fit your needs.

Archived