squeege rub marks

Guest Revolution

Guest Revolution

anyone had success at removing squeege rub marks off of Ventureshield Ultra? got a couple on a full hood on a black car, thin long marks. it looks great except for these couple of marks. isop. does nothing to them. I was installing using a yellow squeege and the corner of the squeege rubbed a bit dry.

im guessing its a redo but thought I would ask here first if anyone has any ideas

:spit

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest qatinstaller

the isopropyl trick doesn't work on VS, Plexus ( a spray on wax/plastic cleaner) works well. PM me if you need some or contact your current VS distributor, they should have some as well.

Guest qatinstaller

PS, when installing VS, it is important to keep a very wet surface on the top of the film to aid in avoiding the scratch marks, (use soapy solution on top).

Guest Revolution

good tips all

I did use plexus but that doesnt want to remove them either?

I found it a bit of a struggle doing a full hood, having to keep the top surface very wet as you still need to see that you are removing all the solution underneath. but I do know that was the cause, just the odd couple caught me out.

nice idea with the liner on top. must give that a go next time.

Guest kccartint

Use a heat gun and get the area real hot. Not so hot that you burn the film though. This will take out smaller marks. If they are deep than the film is done.

The top coat is nice on that film but not strong enough.

Guest Revolution
Use a heat gun and get the area real hot. Not so hot that you burn the film though. This will take out smaller marks. If they are deep than the film is done.

The top coat is nice on that film but not strong enough.

I did use the heat gun also, but to no result. although I didnt go crazy with the squeege, no more than any other film I've previously used, the customer knows they are there as hes real fussy, as in go's over the whole install, which was full fenders, full hood, full bumper on a new nissan 350z black, with his face an inch away from the film inspecting it.

in fairness you can see these couple of marks.

I would totally agree its a great looking film but maybe a bit soft :spit

I was going to say heat gun too but someone did and you tried, seems like the only option is to do whatever you can to save the film or do it over. Try buffing it with this

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-paint-cleaner...ium-Cut-Cleaner

Why not try an adhesive remover or paint thinner, acetone, try them all and see if anything works if not just replace it :bingo

Guest Revolution

anything solvent based just thins and destroys the film. I think its gona have to be a redo.

overall I was very pleased with the install, those fenders kick out a fair bit over the wheels.

just a mishap on my part with the squeege. I will try a few ideas posted here on the refit. its just disapointing that it looks so good except for a couple of simple marks on the hood.

you live and learn as the saying goes

thanks again all for your input

I used kerosene once to remove tar, the film held up fine. I wouldn't leave it on there but wiping it didn't hurt. Too bad you gotta redo it, but try the olive oil they recommend maybe it works :bingo

Archived