squeege rub marks

Guest Revolution

Guest qatinstaller
Try putting Plexus on the film before its even plotted. It will help keep the static cling down while its cutting and leaves it slippery enough to keep from marking it during installation even if you hit a dry spot.

I use Avery and its real easy to leave a mark in that if it gets dry. Haven't scuffed a single one on film thats been Plexused before hand.

So do you take the topliner off before you plot it?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avery doesn't have a top liner like Venture so I couldn't tell you. It does help on the 3M or Avery as far as the film wanting to stick on itself during plots. Maybe the cap sheet on the Venture is slick enough that doesn't happen cutting it.

I know it helps squeegees glide more smoothly across those two products so its probably worth a try if keeping the surface slick is an issue on full hoods with the Venture.

Guest Venture

If you have squeegee marks or fine scratches in the surface, there is a last resort!

Try heating the film up with your heat gun. No, a steamer will not work the same.

I use a heat gun from Home Depot that has a dial on the back from 1-15. It also shows the temperature on top of the heat gun. This one goes up to 1200 degrees F.

If you move around, using a small circular motion, roughly an 1" away from the film, you can re-heal the surface. This will be more useful against scratches than it will scuff marks.

All the other suggestions can help, the heat gun would be "if all else fails" :ninja

Archived