when bulking ppf

Guest cartek

do you guys cut right on the paint? I am a little confused I cant imagine that that is how it is done.

also you leave a little extra on the hood and then wrap to the bottom?

I am thinking about gettins some and practicing on my car, I installed a kit on an 05 lesabre, which is one of the only kits I have ever done and it turned out relatively well, but it took a long time and I can definitely use a lot more practice. is that a fairly simple, or fairly difficult car to do?

Guest darkdan

You can do it either way.

You can also "shave" the edge, however, I find this leaves too much material at the edge to collect dirt and look horrible very quickly.

When you're cutting on the car you lightly drag the blade to score the film and then rip it. Which means PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Spend hours on your own vehicle just scoring a piece of film 1000 times and removing it and checking to see how much damage you did. Practice going up and around and over and under!

thanks for the help.

now do you guys ever use a heat gun when installing? what do you do for a slip solution? I hear I should leave it much less soapy, I will assume this is true. any info on if I should use a heat gun to get some edges down, etc.

Guest darkdan

Heat gun is bad. If you need heat, use a steamer.

Personally I use a little film-on (less than what I use for tinting) for slip and for a tack solution I use x-100.

I used to use 50/50 water and alcohol but I prefer this now.

You can do it either way.

You can also "shave" the edge, however, I find this leaves too much material at the edge to collect dirt and look horrible very quickly.

When you're cutting on the car you lightly drag the blade to score the film and then rip it. Which means PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Spend hours on your own vehicle just scoring a piece of film 1000 times and removing it and checking to see how much damage you did. Practice going up and around and over and under!

:rollin or you could practice on your refrigerator.....like I did when learning how to cut pinstripes....may save your car a bit :rollin

Guest tintgod
:rollin or you could practice on your refrigerator.....like I did when learning how to cut pinstripes....may save your car a bit :rollin

or go to a junk yard and get yourself some scrap metal and practice on that..that way when you are good and ready to try on a real car..you havent focked up your frig or own car.

or go to a junk yard and get yourself some scrap metal and practice on that..that way when you are good and ready to try on a real car..you havent focked up your frig or own car.
or that :rollin

:rollin

do you guys cut right on the paint? I am a little confused I cant imagine that that is how it is done.

also you leave a little extra on the hood and then wrap to the bottom?

I am thinking about gettins some and practicing on my car, I installed a kit on an 05 lesabre, which is one of the only kits I have ever done and it turned out relatively well, but it took a long time and I can definitely use a lot more practice. is that a fairly simple, or fairly difficult car to do?

yep, I cut on the paint...sometimes I wrap the edges..just depends on the car. I use a 50/50 water and alcohol...sometimes some soap....just depends.

good luck.

:rollin

Archived