How to trick E46 coupe doors?

Guest shadowline

Guest shadowline

Hi guys a quick question, how do I trick the doors to move the window fully up on the E46 coupe? Most other makes have a "plunger etc" that you can wedge, cant find this on the E46. I do remember someone saying you can manually latch the door? Thing is I dont know how to do this? Thanks in advance Guys :evileye

Guest shadowline
I am pretty sure you can use a screw driver / bone tool / etc.. and trip the door latch on the door (making the car think the door is closed) and the window will roll-up.. :evileye

Cheers I take it the main latch in the door when its opened? Will have to have a "prod" about with a screwdriver, thats what I love about this forum, get an answer from over the pond, whilst sat at home in the UK watching England getting beaten by Wales, at Twickenham (English home of rugby) for the 1st time in 20 years!!!

Guest Olfablade

Yes, trip the latch mechanism to the closed position on the door and the window will pop up. Just don't forget to pull the handle and release the latch before you close the door back up!

If its a E46 just stick a screwdriver in the latch on the door and push twards the front of the car and slightly upwards, this makes the door think its closed thus the window pops up. If you get an older model (E39 I think) coupe, the switch to trigger the window up is on the body of the car where the latch engages into its hook. Its that small plastic button behind the metal on the body striker cylinder

Like your man said dont forget to pull the handle to un-trigger before you slam the door...

:lol2

jj

Archived