Advice cutting tint on plotter, please

Hi Guys

I use an old roland camm 1, 610 wide plotter and have dabbled with cutting tint on it. I am 90% there, I apply application tape to release liner side of film to give the film a bit of body so to speak and feed it through the plotter.

Any tips/advice on type,angle of blade etc.

Bob

Guest Thetintcenter
Hi Guys

I use an old roland camm 1, 610 wide plotter and have dabbled with cutting tint on it. I am 90% there, I apply application tape to release liner side of film to give the film a bit of body so to speak and feed it through the plotter.

Any tips/advice on type,angle of blade etc.

Bob

45 degree blade, Don't use application tape, make sure roll runs evenly, 50 to 70 gram force, cut the tint side. make sure that the blade is barely sticking out of blade holder. Also, make sure you have a clean cut strip attached. Hope this helps. BTW what templates R U using?

I'm not using it for auto, use it for small flat glass windows and graphics work. I use hand cut patterns for auto work ( keep template of car I do for the 1st time for each time after that)

Got the application tape tip from Billy at Shadeace, I'm getting better but not there yet.

Have used it when I had 30 pieces of glass at 12 x 18 inch to good effect, pre-cut them making it easier when I got to the job.

Bob

ps. thanks for the reply.

Archived