How do you like the Avery PPF

Guest Josh @ Proform
How is the warranty? Flexiblity or strech is comparitive to llulu or clearshield? Long term?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Elasticity is second to none. It could be compared to 3M non coated (only available in Canada) or I have heard it is similar to 3M aerospace. Something to keep in mind when one discusses Long Term on any film is the fact most manufacturers change their films almost yearly. Most of the time the changes are minor but they could and often do have an effect on how the film ages, which really negates most long term testing. Furthermore the long term durability of any film is really dependent on the customers ability to follow instructions. All of that being said I have seen and owned cars with Avery Top coat film that still look good after 3 to 4 years. In terms of puncture resistance, again you will be hard pressed to find a film that performs better. Avery's elasticity allows the material to absorb impacts that would puncture other stiffer films. Mike has some great photos of our friends 600+rwhp Vette after it hit a wall.

Mike will have to chime in on warranty but you can film more info at his website: www.pro-tectfilm.com

There are more than a couple Avery users on the this forum and I'm sure a few more will chime in with more details.

Guest PROFORM MIKE

The warranty is 7 years on the topcoated film. If you ever have a warranty issue with our product, simply let me know and I will take care of it without a bunch of paperwork to fill out, just a simple phone call. The film is very durable, holds up well and has the strongest puncture resistance compared to the other films currently being offered in the marketplace right now. Like Josh stated, we had a customer that we sponsor hit a wall at over 60mph and he was amazed that the film didn't allow the paint beneath to be harmed (click here and scroll down to see http://www.pro-tectfilm.com/blog/)

The product is very user friendly and does not leave lift lines or ghosting like other films do. I have lifted the material months after it was installed and fished out a piece of debris and layed right back down without a problem and Speed has done the same so the adhesive is both strong and forgiving. If you would like a sample of the film, please contact me at mike@pro-tectfilm.com or contact our office (702) 940-9831 and I will be more than happy to send you a 10 foot sample at no charge! If you have a particular vehicle in mind, we will even cut a Proform kit on the sample roll so you can try both our film and the Proform design all at once. Hope this information helps.

Product bulletin: http://pro-tectfilm.com/info/spec_coated.pdf

I have lifted the material months after it was installed and fished out a piece of debris and layed right back down without a problem and Speed has done the same so the adhesive is both strong and forgiving. If you would like a sample of the film, please contact me at mike@pro-tectfilm.com or contact our office (702) 940-9831 and I will be more than happy to send you a 10 foot sample at no charge! If you have a particular vehicle in mind, we will even cut a Proform kit on the sample roll so you can try both our film and the Proform design all at once. Hope this information helps.

that is impressive right there. months later? I've never even considered TRYING it. :lol the film I use as of lately is llumar's urethane. it's extremely clear but doesn't tack up as much as I'd like. I'll be sending you an email (or maybe just calling) for a sample. these proform posts and pics are very impressive. :gasp you'll be hearing from me.

Guest PROFORM MIKE
I have lifted the material months after it was installed and fished out a piece of debris and layed right back down without a problem and Speed has done the same so the adhesive is both strong and forgiving. If you would like a sample of the film, please contact me at mike@pro-tectfilm.com or contact our office (702) 940-9831 and I will be more than happy to send you a 10 foot sample at no charge! If you have a particular vehicle in mind, we will even cut a Proform kit on the sample roll so you can try both our film and the Proform design all at once. Hope this information helps.

that is impressive right there. months later? I've never even considered TRYING it. :lol the film I use as of lately is llumar's urethane. it's extremely clear but doesn't tack up as much as I'd like. I'll be sending you an email (or maybe just calling) for a sample. these proform posts and pics are very impressive. :gasp you'll be hearing from me.

Mind you it was on a rocker panel and there was a small piece of lint that was barely visible. I thought I would have to replace the entire rocker panel but I decided to give it a shot and lift it, pull the hair our and lay it back down. I was impressed as well, couldn't believe it was that forgiving. Thanks for the compliments on the pics and we look forward to hearing from you blade. :lol

Hey thanks tons Mike I will be getting in touch with you soon. I also use llumar ppf and its clear and good elasticty, but the adhesive is so-so. I like how thick the clearshield is but even with a steamer bumper covers can be a huge pain in the arse. I am unfortunatley doing more and more bumper covers and I want a film that is easy to work with and this might be the answer. Once again thanks Josh and mike and hope to try this product out soon.

Archived