2002 550 Maranello

T3MG

FYI, this car was a PITA. Sides roll down 1/2" automatically like a BMW (no biggie if you have done it before) the front corners tuck in so far behind the mirror that you have to tuck the film in with an olfa and chisled hard card. The rear glass is so sloped that I had to lay in with my arse on the center console and legs on each front seat, tint it upside down, reverse roll, laying on my back. Here is the cracker; the rear defrost lines are so thin that steel wool looked to be taking them off. I just taped the edges with 2" masking and used a rubber squeegee 2-3x and my hand in between to feel any imperfections. Rear quarters and rear glass had 1" matrix around - it was not fun. FYI for the next person.

http://sunandshade3m.com/F550.htm

Yeah, the blue was a drag. The interior was a light tan / dark blue. It was sexy hand stitched like a baseball. The colors were not to "me" thought... but I am not spending 200 grand on a car. :hmmm I do all this dude's cars, porsche's, lotus and this one. He called me about doing a Lambo Diablo around new years. :lol Somewhere I have a picture of his driveway, if I can find it I'll post it. (if I can figure out how - being a newbie and all here)

Guest thetintshop

what a pussie-mobile!!!!

(referring to the driver, not what it can get you)

sorry guys, but I'm about as impressed with exotics as I am with geo metros.

We have the account for the local Ferrari dealer here and we do 3-4 Ferraris a month. I have done over 10 of the 550/575 Maranello and the thin defroster lines are laminated into the glass, so you can scrape the back glass to clean it. So whatever you are doing where steel wool is taking off the defrost lines, I would recommend that you stop doing it. The easiest way to install the back glass is slide both front seats up as far as they go and straddle the center console, the headstand is not required. Thank you.

Archived