commercial tinting

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
Dude, :uh happens, it could be that the glass had flaws in the edge, it could be (don't know how old the building is), building settling, it's not always the films fault :uh

:uh how about if you do the right thing and admit the you made a mistake and didnt file the paper work like you were suppose to...and pay for the windows if you want to keep this big client.. :uh

Dude, :uh happens, it could be that the glass had flaws in the edge, it could be (don't know how old the building is), building settling, it's not always the films fault :uh

:uh how about if you do the right thing and admit the you made a mistake and didnt file the paper work like you were suppose to...and pay for the windows if you want to keep this big client.. :uh

we don't file warranty's for our customers when we tint flatglass we fill out all warranty papers sign let customer sign & we take our copy and tell them to mail one of theirs to manufact. for warranty within 30-60 days. These windows haven't even gone through 2 summers, im sure the film played a huge roll in these 2 30 sq.ft. windows cracking. So really I didn't make a mistake my customer did & im trying to help them out, just asking for your advice on how to go about doing it, im not paying for :uh:nope:beer

Guest tintgod
Dude, :uh happens, it could be that the glass had flaws in the edge, it could be (don't know how old the building is), building settling, it's not always the films fault :beer

we don't file warranty's for our customers when we tint flatglass we fill out all warranty papers sign let customer sign & we take our copy and tell them to mail one of theirs to manufact. for warranty within 30-60 days. These windows haven't even gone through 2 summers, im sure the film played a huge roll in these 2 30 sq.ft. windows cracking. So really I didn't make a mistake my customer did & im trying to help them out, just asking for your advice on how to go about doing it, im not paying for :uh:uh:nope

if your policy is to have the customer do the filing then ..yes...it is their mistake..why try to pull one over on the film maker..that is just bad business in my opinion.and not very unethical.so...what I would do...tell your client they should have filed the pape work..and since they didnt ..it is out of your hands..but I will do what ever I can to help you out and I will call the film manny..and tell them the circumstance to see if they can do anyting for you.

I always leave it up to the customer to send the warranties in. When you buy big ticket items like stoves and such you have to fill out the warranty card and send it in. Leave it to me to forget to mail it in and that is when a claim will come in. As far as losing this big client, They dropped the ball...have them turn it into their insurance company since it hasnt even been proven it was the film's fault. Once their insurance company pays for the new glass, go ahead and tint the new ones for free as a nice gesture or at a discounted price. Lastly, is the crack a thermal crack....what does it look like? Where does it originate from? ect....

Archived