Safety Film instead of Tempered Glass

Im building a new home and I have a window thats at the bottom of a set of stairs. The building inspector failed my inspection because the glass is not tempered (my F up). I really cant replace the window so Im hoping that 8 mil security film will enable me to pass inspection. I have done jobs for builders that have not installed tempered glass near bathtubs and they have asked for 4mil and im assuming that worked because I never heard back.

Can someone tell me what code is? and does a certain safety film conform to that code? I will need documentation. link?

Thanks

Johnny

:thumb , we had a run of security film for poolside applications after some laws were inacated for pool /glass proximity and there were several municipalities that accepted the film for compliance. seems they would accept it for yours (hopefully) :spit

nice find pmuzik :thumb

Archived