Initial order suggestions?

Guest AngryAdmin

Guest AngryAdmin

Our shop currently does mobile audio/video, and would like to add tint to our product base. Now keep in mind, I myself cannot tint! I am planning on hiring an experienced tinter, as I have no desire to become a hack shop. But I know that I would like to carry Llumar's ATR line. My question is what would be a good opening order (keeping initial cost to a minimum of course). I also need to know width(s) to order 20, 24, 30, 36, 40, 60, 72????

Thank you so much in advance for any help!!

Guest clint4883

well it kinda depends on your states laws for front and back doors and the back glass. if its like 40% on the Front 25% on the back and 12% on the backglass then I would suggest 50%, 30 or 35% and 15 or 20%. if it is like texas which is 25frt 25 back and any on the backglass than all you need is 30 or 35% and 15 or 20%. if you want to keep cost down then get the 20 because it does match up better to the factor tint in most causes, of course that probably won't be legal on front doors but dodge has a bad habbit of not putting the tinted windows in the backglass for some reason. O and you probably want some 5% cause in some states that is legal on the back windows of trucks and mpv's, on cars to in texas. as far as width. I use to use all 40 inch rolls cause it covered all backglasses and you could split it in to 20" for doors, but there is alot of waste. so I went to 36" and 20" for all shades and a 24" roll cut to 3 8" rolls for winshield strips. works for me.

Our shop currently does mobile audio/video, and would like to add tint to our product base. Now keep in mind, I myself cannot tint! I am planning on hiring an experienced tinter, as I have no desire to become a hack shop. But I know that I would like to carry Llumar's ATR line. My question is what would be a good opening order (keeping initial cost to a minimum of course). I also need to know width(s) to order 20, 24, 30, 36, 40, 60, 72????

Thank you so much in advance for any help!!

adding window tint, might sound like a good thing to add to your ongoing mobile business but you might consider before you start is to attend one of the tinting courses. Even if you don't plan to actually be installing. Having a working knowledge and some experience would be my recommendation. And then finding a experience, mobile tinter might be a little harder than you expect. It would be much better to have a tinter working in your shop in a controlled environment. If starting a window tint business was as easy as buying film and hiring an experienced tinter. I think there would be a lot more shops out there. But the reality is. It's a very tough business .

I would ask your tinter what he is used to working with...... We prefer 40" rolls... Split down the middle for most roll-up's and sideways for trucks/suv's w/ windows taller than 20"

But most tinters have their 'own' way they prefer :rollin

Also... I wouldn't oder more than 2 maybe 3 shades at first.... We started with darkest legal film and a factory privacy glass match then branched into other 'flavors' as we went.....

Archived