just built a cheap easy 40 dollar "tint rack

Guest cartek

Guest willie
Those look nice.I have something very similiar.

Do yourself a little favor and drills holes in the pipe and holder and slip a bolt in there.

You will be pulling one day and an end will slip out.

Nice job though :evilgrin

ya I was thinking about what I am going to do about that, I think screws or bolts would be a PITA everytime I have to switch the rolls or pull them off, so I was really thinking about welding something on the end to still allow the tint rolls to slip over, but stop the conduit from falling off.

and..

what is all this talk about dust? is the dust going to settle on the hangers? or on the film. I am not too worried about dust on the film itself the top layer will be getting used just about everyday. the wind, however, is another issue, but my shop only has one entrance and it is generally very calm inside.

Thanks for the words

finished

DSCN0785.jpg

See 123's idea. I think I will change mu small bolt to those clips.

You are right, the dust is not a problem at all as you should be using the film daily.

Again, nice job :evilgrin

Instead of nuts or bolts, use pins similiar to the hood pins on race cars. Takes only to sec to remove and reinsert when changing rolls.

Good idea, I think I'll cahnge mine to that :evilgrin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I was really thinking about welding something on the end to still allow the tint rolls to slip over, but stop the conduit from falling off.

Good luck welding anything to galvanized, cause it ain't gonna stick..... :evilgrin

The hood pin idea is a good one or wrap some tape around the ends to prevent it from sliding off the ends... :evilgrin

Guest General Sun Shield
Instead of nuts or bolts, use pins similiar to the hood pins on race cars. Takes only to sec to remove and reinsert when changing rolls.

small drill bit & cotter pin :eyebrows cheap enough

Guest cartek

I had a small pin laying around, I am going to need to get some more, but I rolled off alittle film for the car in the shop.. and ya, it is going to come off sooner or later

DSCN0790.jpg