2003 Mustang

Guest clint4883

Guest clint4883

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. I had an 03 saleen in the shop to day and the passenger side door was nearly 3/8 inch shorter than the driver. I hand cut both my patterns at the same time on the passenger side so when I got to the drivers door it was WAY to small. so I recut it and it came out great. I know its not uncommon to have different sizes but I have never seen that much difference on the same car. anyone else ever seen this? :rollin

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. I had an 03 saleen in the shop to day and the passenger side door was nearly 3/8 inch shorter than the driver. I hand cut both my patterns at the same time on the passenger side so when I got to the drivers door it was WAY to small. so I recut it and it came out great. I know its not uncommon to have different sizes but I have never seen that much difference on the same car. anyone else ever seen this? :evilgrin

perhaps the window was replaced and since they are frameless doors, whom ever installed that glass must have left misaligned somewhere in there :evilgrin which caused you to fock up :evilgrin

Guest clint4883
I did a Montero that was that way. Every roll up on that thing was different :evilgrin

:evilgrin it was your cuts :evilgrin

:evilgrin:evilgrin:evilgrin:evilgrin

I know it wasn't my cut. it fit perfect on the passenger side and was short in the back on the driver side. I got my tape and measured the thing like 4 or 5 times. it was crazy! never seen that much difference on the same car. I have seen some different size windows on the same car but usually could make the pattern work on both sides.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I did a Montero that was that way. Every roll up on that thing was different :evilgrin

:evilgrin it was your cuts :thumb

I know it wasn't my cut. it fit perfect on the passenger side and was short in the back on the driver side. I got my tape and measured the thing like 4 or 5 times. it was crazy! never seen that much difference on the same car. I have seen some different size windows on the same car but usually could make the pattern work on both sides.

I was :evilgrin @ spec, not saying your cuts were off

Guest clint4883

:evilgrin it was your cuts :thumb

I was :evilgrin @ spec, not saying your cuts were off

I know. I was just saying that it was that far off. I don't see how the thing sealed. has to have some wind noise or something.

Archived