Will a plotter help me in my situation? Looking for feedback please

Guest besttintman

Guest besttintman

I am considering a plotter for my tint business...

About me: I have been installing for 11 years. I have worked in a busy shop where plotter is a no brainer, but will it help me? I have a mobile service (home based) which works on appointments. I work by myself, and plan to stay that way for now. I can do 3 cars a day driving around town. I know I am an excellent tinter without the plotter. I am very good outside and I can deal with wind pretty well. However, I think I can save time cutting film on a plotter and transporting it to the jobsite. I am also very interested in clearshield. I have two places that can send me some good business for the clearshield to get that up and running (which got me thinking about a plotter). I want to double my sales in tint and stay mobile. I have no problems getting a deposit so I can precut these films. Do you guys think the plotter will help me make more money, or just be a novelty to show my buddies? Thanks for your input.

I would definately be looking at a plotter for the clear bra portion of the business! You will save LOTS of time installing plotted patterns instead of bulking on PPF.... As the tint goes... I would not consider the plotter for tint if you are doing that well now. :spit

Guest besttintman
I would definately be looking at a plotter for the clear bra portion of the business! You will save LOTS of time installing plotted patterns instead of bulking on PPF.... As the tint goes... I would not consider the plotter for tint if you are doing that well now. :spit

Thank you.

Guest DESERTSHIELD

for the tinting I would say no. we just brought on a graphics guy that came with a plotter and when I showed him the clearshield/bra stuff that can be done we all said cha ching and had a cold one :twocents .if you already got work lined up I'd say go for it,But keep in mind if you are good enough with a blade (my guys are) plotter not required.just my two cents :thumb

We are mobile and do have a DGI plotter. We can do twice as much work in the same amount of time. Drawbacks - you MUST keep roll film on the truck for the occasions you make a mistake (and TRUST ME - YOU WILL). We have become dependant on the plotter know and are looking for another DGI plotter to have in caes this one goes down on us. Big investment, but if done right it will pay off big time. Cheers.

Guest Crackz

do you single cut your glass or double cut you can pick up some time that way too I do mobile with no plotter I do 5 to 6 a day on busy days by double cutting the film its half the cutting work :thumb

Archived