frustrated with a bid

Guest bigboyk2000

Guest bigboyk2000

ok so I just need to vent a little! I got a call couple months ago for a bid on an building in a town about 50mi away from my shop. No prob sent the sales rep out to bid on it. after the bid was submitted they called wanting the sales rep to come back out and talk to the bid wigs once again no prob. Then about a week after that they called and wanted samples put up once again no problem went up there and put total of 16 samples in diferent areas of the building. When I was out there putting the samples up they asked about the warranty so I gave him all the conditions the only warning I gave him is that I wouldn't be able to provide a seal failure warranty because his manufacturers warranty had already expired and also because the building was severly flooded a couple months earlier. The next day I get a call telling me that they were going to go with us but were just waiting for the big wigs to decide on the film type. Well 3 weeks later I get a call and the contact wants a copy of the film warranty. no prob fax a sample copy over to him. He calls back and wants to make sure there will be a seal failure warranty and once again I told him that due to the circumstances the film manufacturer would not be able to provide the warranty.

Even though we had warned them from the get go that we would not be able to provide a seal failure warranty. They continued to waste my time for several months just to call and say they are not interested. :rollin

Guest MsMarco

I know how you feel. :thumb I really don't like wasting my time on people like that but sometimes even after all the questions they come through. so sometimes you have to go as far as they do until you get it or not. It just really sucks when they don't . :spit

Guest Fly Paper

It happens all the time so get used to it. I have worked 30+ hours on projects only to be "value engineered off the project" and it still tick's me off but it's what you have to do to get the big deals!

I just got off the phone with one of them. Site visits, calculations,samples and still NO SALE........ I SHARE YOUR PAIN......................

Been there,,,,been there. I hate it when you meet with the person who doesn't even make the decisions and use the ole excuse"well I will show the boss and wait for his decision" or "We have to send it to corporate for a decision" UGH!!!!!

Guest JUSTIN

so sorry to hear of this. It frustrating that you went out of your way several times to keep them informed about products/warranty and then they don't bother to give you the business. But..this could be a blessing. You see, they probably got a bid from someone who is less experienced AND doesn't really know warranty policies, and when that person applies the film saying...yeah yeah you get a 3 year seal failure warranty, when there really won't be one....that business is going to have mass problems.

Did you at least charge them for mileage each time you went out for a bid? We live in a rural area and some of our custy live 35+ miles away, so we charge a fee to come out and give a bid. If they select us for their window tinting needs, the money they paid us for the estimate comes off their final bill. Someone told me on irs.gov, mileage calculation should be 50.5 cents per mile, so that is what you should be charging for bids that are outside your area. I charge $25.00 for estimates in the next town over, and then it's the irs mileage calculation after that.

I'm on hold right now for a big commercial job for the next two days. Totally closed down the auto side so that Justin and our installers can tackle this job, and guess what? They might need to reschedule :spit I'm waiting for a final answer, which I probably won't get until 9 tonight, which means we will have to get other work in to cover up for lost revenue the next two days! I think I'm going to incorporate rescheduling/cancellation fees :thumb

Candice

Been there,,,,been there. I hate it when you meet with the person who doesn't even make the decisions and use the ole excuse"well I will show the boss and wait for his decision" or "We have to send it to corporate for a decision" UGH!!!!! I have been waiting for 2 months now on a large security film install ($20,000.00) to get finalized...

Guest bigboyk2000

ya I have this happen all the time. :confuse What made this one so frustrating was the distance and since it was a large commercial job I didn't charge them for going out all those times.

Archived