Premask Systems?

Guest BHGraphix

Guest BHGraphix

I'm currently doing all of my pre-masking by hand with no premaskm system and it is becoming a pain in the a$. I have been looking for a premask system that is relatively reasonably priced, I know signwarehouse has a few but I can't see paying $250 for one right now. Its just really hard for me since I'm a one man show to keep things wrinkle free.

I'm thinking about making my own, anybody ever tackle this? Is it hard? Any pictures/plans? Or does anybody know where I can get one for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is a little crude... but it works GREAT!.... It is made w/ a touch of plywood and a couple 24" tint tubes and ends..... I also made a nicer one w/ 40" tubes for larger premask....

Here are a couple shots of the unit...

IM003388.jpg

and

IM003387.jpg

I cut some holes on the back side to allow for a quick clamp to keep it from tipping over on long pulls

IM003389.jpg

Just run the premask between the 2 tubes and pull.... I just finished 4 2'x15' signs with this baby last weekend... I don't know where I'd be without it sometimes....

IM003390.jpg

I can't remember who posted this on here first... but props to them! so I guess I'll say 'Thanks Tintdude.com' :thumb

Guest BHGraphix

Awesome! Thanks so much! My only question is, do the tint tubes you used spin? Or are they stationary? And where did you get the ends for them? Ive never seen ones like that before!

Guest mrpain

the ends come from the roll of film ( tint)

from what it looks like it would probably be best to leave alittle clearance maybe about 1/4 in or so, just my :thumb

Guest BHGraphix

Oh okay, I've never worked with tint, im strictly vinyl, and the ends that have come on any of my rolls are just simple round plastic pieces that slide into the ends of the tubes, they dont have the square part that those ones do. Unless the piece im lookin at isnt the end and somethin else?

Guest BHGraphix

I spoke too soon and did some more re-searchin, and those are the tint tube ends, I wonder if I can buy those somewhere so I can make my own dispenser? Since I don't work with tint I dont have any.

Archived