KDS Blades

Hey all,

I have some KDS blades that I was sent a while back to try and initially I really liked them but I opened up the second package of them and they say stainless on them but scratch the crud out of glass. Luckily for me it was on my own glass rather than a customers but unluckily for me it was on my own glass and now my car has a scratched 1/4 panel. I threw them all away, wasn't going to take any more chances on them.

Do they have a particular blade specifically for tinting that anyone knows of? I thought a stainless blade was the main thing. I will go back to my olfa blades.

Thanks

Guest darkdan

Mine don't snap along the score. So to get a good point I sometimes have to snap it two or three times. I can't believe I'm going through like 4 blades a car!

I have noticed that issue from time to time. I did not do anything special except slow down and concentrate more to snap a blade. argh

Maybe I should also ask. I know alot of you use NT red dot knifes. Do you also use the NT blades? I have only used Olfa and KDS. I am considering buy the NT blades. Unless I hear some really bad results about them. What is the general consensus about blades?

Why not just stay with olfa ??? They have a track record of working.....

good point...........the price difference for 50 of them is a 20 oz soda here............prolly not worth taking the chance on an unknown

Guest Wysprz

Well we have recently had a problem with the olfa blades getting dull before we even get the back glass completely cut out, hasle and pain in hindside to have to snap blade in middle of a window cut. Thinking of trying another type blade to see if there is a real difference or just my friggin imagination!

for what it is worth.... I went back to the OLFA blades and they are working well. I threw every other remaining blade I had out and haven't scratched a thing since. I dont seem to be having to snap blades any more frequently than I was before. Olfa is working great for me.

Archived