BEST CUTTING SOFTWARE (Price/Usability)?????? Your advice appreciated

I'm looking/researching what is the best overall computer-based cutting software for tint & PPF (with hopefully some added vinyl application as well but not necessary). While I would use it for auto tinting at times, I'm just as concerned with the PPF as I'm fairly new to PPF (I've have been tinting for 10 years and can cut patterns with ease by hand). I'd like customization ability and a deep database of makes/models (Classic cars would be especially helpful).

The Scenario.......

Back in 2004, I made the impulsive decision to buy Solar Guard & ComputerCut's 'convention-show-special' for the cool price of way to many thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, my business shifted a couple months later away from shop-based tinting to mobile tinting where having a plotter is always the most practical thing. I STILL HAVE THE COMPUTER CUT PLOTTER (not sure what model) but it's what I'm working with (don't know the plotter is proprietary and can only use ComputerCut software...probably not is my assumption). While even back then, the several thousand dollar software & $200/mo. for DB access was stiff (you know, before our dollar was worth less than a peso), I have to admit that ComputerCut's program was very user friendly and pretty well rounded. I can only imagine it has gotten better. I still have the plotter in just-shy-of-new condition and would like to get back to it. I'm inclined to check out ComputerCut again, but honestly, their attitude when I canceled my subscription was less than amicable. Even though I purchased the software liscense for $2500, they told me I'd have to pay a bullshit $1000 re-activation fee. I'm not opposed to subscription services but hate the idea that they design these systems to get you on the comeback (no money in the cure!). So with that said.... I'm hoping some of you seasoned vets can recommend a good price/practicality scenario with the names of some vendors and details about each. Horror/success stories welcomed. My volume is on the medium side, maybe 10-15 cars a week. If there's any other info I can lend that would help you help me, please let me know. Thanks ahead of time....

Ash

(((((I just want to say, the previous posts concerning plotter software were filled with diametric and childish attitudes. I'm have no problem if you wanna rant off at each other (lord knows I'm not above it), but honestly, I just want one thread where we can actually have a substantial, adult conversation. ))))))

Guest dcurtisroland

Check out Film Designs. It's designed for mobile use and signage, aside from the library of tint and paint protection patterns.

www.filmvinyldesigns.com

I'm using the tintek program and are happy with the tint patterns and I use Venturesheild for PPF or bulk cut when ever I feel it's better. personally I would stay away from Film designs due to the huge law suit going on due to patterns being borrowed from certain other manufacturers, theres usually no smoke with out fire.

Guest Texstar
I'm using the tintek program and are happy with the tint patterns and I use Venturesheild for PPF or bulk cut when ever I feel it's better. personally I would stay away from Film designs due to the huge law suit going on due to patterns being borrowed from certain other manufacturers, theres usually no smoke with out fire.
Film & Vinyl Designs 817-354-9200 ( http://www.fvd.bz/ ) . Their customer service is unbeatable the patterns are great ! If there is ever a change you would like on a pattern its fixed & in your database immediately. Thumbs up to Brett at film designs !

How did all that turn out. We looked at purchasing a plotter from Brett and put it on the backburner until this matter was resolved. If its resolved that would be great. Good people we just wanted to make sure they were still gonna be around :thumb

Archived