'08 E350 wagon

Guest Mo Evo

Guest Mo Evo

Did a new E class wagon today. I've done them previously but it's been a while. The defroster lines are SO thick, that I had 'stars' all over the lines from the shrink. I used a dry shrink with low heat, but dayam! NEVER had this problem to quite this degree. The customer is very understanding, because, while it looks OK from the outside, looking at it on the tint side, it has long 'thick' air pockets along some of the lines. Any suggestions for future installs?

Did a new E class wagon today. I've done them previously but it's been a while. The defroster lines are SO thick, that I had 'stars' all over the lines from the shrink. I used a dry shrink with low heat, but dayam! NEVER had this problem to quite this degree. The customer is very understanding, because, while it looks OK from the outside, looking at it on the tint side, it has long 'thick' air pockets along some of the lines. Any suggestions for future installs?

Thanks for the heads up. I have this problem on the new Altimas that I do at my Nissan dealer. I use a medium grade steel wool to clean the window and they come out great. I usually go over it twice just to make sure there arent any spots that arent smoothed out. :evileye

Guest Bladez

I do these with a wet shrink, low heat and very slowly, and wire wool throughly. First few of these I did I had the same problem, you can cut along the "blister" or air pocket inside and try to remove any trapped moisture with a bit of heat and lil chizler but they do not go easily.

Guest Mo Evo

Thanks for the heads up. I have this problem on the new Altimas that I do at my Nissan dealer. I use a medium grade steel wool to clean the window and they come out great. I usually go over it twice just to make sure there arent any spots that arent smoothed out. :rollin

And the steel wool doesn't scratch the glass? How exactly do you use it? It doesn't hurt the defroster lines either? Thanks, btw.

Thanks for the heads up. I have this problem on the new Altimas that I do at my Nissan dealer. I use a medium grade steel wool to clean the window and they come out great. I usually go over it twice just to make sure there arent any spots that arent smoothed out. :rollin

And the steel wool doesn't scratch the glass? How exactly do you use it? It doesn't hurt the defroster lines either? Thanks, btw.

No, youre safe, the steel wool wont scratch or cause the defroster not to work. I spray the window with slip solution and then use it like a white scrubbie pad to scrub/smooth out the defroster lines. :thumb

Guest scottydosnntkno
Use 0000 steel wool, you can get it a Wall Mart for next to nothing! :twocents

:bs Bingo! You won't go back to 3M pads. I will never look back :twocents

Same here, 000 or 0000 for prepping the outside of the back glass, and the inside. Also the only thing I use for removal. Pull off the film, spray down and scrub away. Any window done in 20 minutes

Archived